Moto G 2nd Gen, or simply called the Moto G2, is easily one of the best devices Motorola has produced. But the device is an oldie now, and you really can’t expect Motorola to push out an update like Android 8.0 Oreo to the Moto G2. However, that doesn’t mean the Moto G2 won’t see a daylight in Oreo. In fact, it does, starting today, as the popular LineageOS 15 ROM is now available for the device. Both Moto G2 3G (codename titan) and Moto G2 LTE (codename thea) have received the Oreo update via LOS 15 ROM.
The LineageOS 15 ROM is based on Android 8.0 update, and gets you stock UI as you usually see on Motorola devices anyway, along with all the cool Oreo features you maybe dying to use on your device.
With Moto G2 LineageOS 15 ROM, you get to play with new features like picture-in-picture, Autofill, new Settings app, new notifications center, snooze a notification, etc. stuff.
LineageOS ROM is still to come official, but even when only its unofficial builds are making rounds, we have already seen many Motorola devices get LOS 15 ROM. The list includes Moto G1, Moto G3 and G3 Turbo, Moto X2, Moto G4 Play and Moto G5 Plus.
Read: LineageOS 15 device list
As the LineageOS 15 ROM for Moto G2 is currently in testing phase, do not expect it to be fully stable build at the moment. However, as the development continues, the nightly build of the Moto G2 LineageOS 15 ROM shall be stable, and we hope it arrives soon — within in a month, likely.
Moto G2 LineageOS 15 ROM [Android 8.0 Oreo]
Compatibility and Warning
This ROM is only compatible with Moto G2 3G (codename: titan) and Moto G2 LTE (codename: thea). Do not try this on any other device.
Warning: Do not try anything given on this page if you do not know completely what you are doing. In case any damage occurs, we won’t be held responsible.
- LineageOS 15 ROM for Moto G2:
- Android 8.0 Oreo Gapps
- Required TWRP recovery:
Note: Check out the development page here (Moto G2 3G, titan | Moto G2 LTE, thea) at XDA for latest download link and changelog.
How to Install the LineageOS 15 on Moto G2
Note: You need to have TWRP recovery installed on your device for this. In case you do not have it, download the required TWRP recovery for your devcie as given above, and install it using the guide here.
- Download and transfer the Lineage OS ROM zip file and Gapps file that you downloaded above to your Moto G2.
- Boot your smartphone into TWRP recovery.
- Select Wipe from TWRP main menu and do a Swipe to Factory Reset on the bottom of the screen. [Clean install is recommended, wipe everything except internal storage.]
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the Lineage OS .zip file that you transferred to your Moto G2 in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of the screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This may take some time.
- Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see Wipe cache/dalvik option, select it and then do Swipe to wipe on bottom of screen.
- Now, install the Gapps file the same way you installed the ROM file.
- After flashing both Lineage OS and Gapps, reboot your smartphone.
‘OnePlus 3 Oreo update release for closed beta users‘
Hello, it’s stable, I’ve heard that the camera does not work?
Comments are closed.