iOS 15 is the new version of Apple’s mobile OS that comes with many new and improved features. In case you didn’t know, the next version of Apple’s mobile operating system is bringing new attributes to FaceTime, Spotlight, Notifications, Weather, Safari, Find My, and Photos and there still a bunch of unknown features that are yet to be explored.
If you’ve updated to iOS 15, you may also have noticed the location icon showing up in the Status Bar at the top. While the Location icon is supposed to appear whenever you accessed an app that required your whereabouts, it may also appear at other times when your device’s system services are accessing it.
If you wish to remove the Location icon from Status Bar for these system services, you can do so by following the steps in this post.
How to Remove Location icon from Status Bar on iOS 15
If you’re seeing the Location icon on the Status Bar persistently, you can remove it by following the steps below.
To get started, open the Settings app and go to ‘Privacy’.
Inside Privacy, tap on the ‘Location Services’ option.
Scroll down the list of apps listed on the next screen and select ‘System Services’.
You will see a list of system services on this screen. Scroll down and toggle OFF the ‘Status Bar Icon’ option.
The Location icon should no longer appear on the Status Bar at the top.
- How To Stop Left Behind Notifications on iPhone and iPad on iOS 15 [3 Ways]
- iOS 15: How To Print to PDF on your iPhone and iPad
- iOS 15: How To Drag and Drop Pictures, Files, Texts, Links, and More Between Apps
- How To Use New Spotlight Search on iPhone on iOS 15: 12 Killer Tips
- Not Receiving Weather Notifications on My iPhone? How to fix