The British smartphone maker Wileyfox entered the market with a handful of phones running on CyanogenOS out of the box. But the company’s current software update situation is kind of a mystery. Although they did manage to update quite a few of their smartphones to Nougat, there is no official word on the Oreo update.
At this point, it appears that Wileyfox Swift will never receive the new Android 8.0 Oreo update from the company, and even if it does, it looks like it is going to be a while.
But thanks to LineageOS community, the LOS 15 update is now available for the Wileyfox Swift and you can install it right now to get all the Oreo features like notification dots, Autofill, faster app launches, and device reboot, etc.
For those of you who don’t know, LOS15 is a custom ROM, which comes with stock Android UI. Although this is not an official build, it has been made available for a lot of Android devices like OnePlus 2, Xiaomi Redmi 2, HTC One M7, etc. to name a few.
At the same time, it is worth noting that this build may have a few bugs. So if you are planning on flashing this on your daily driver, then we suggest you hold on for a while, unless the official build arrives in the future.
Wileyfox Swift LineageOS 15 ROM [Android 8.0 Oreo]
Compatibility and Warning
This ROM is only compatible with Wileyfox Swift (codename: crackling). Do not try this on any other device.
Warning: Do not try anything given on this page if you are not entirely aware of what you are doing. In case any damage occurs, we won’t be held responsible.
Note: Check out the development page here at XDA for latest download link and changelog. (To be updated with a link when available.)
How to Install the LineageOS 15 on Wileyfox Swift
- Download and transfer the Lineage OS ROM zip file and Gapps file that you downloaded above to your Wileyfox Swift.
- Boot your smartphone into TWRP recovery.
- Select Wipe from TWRP main menu and do a Swipe to Factory Reset on the bottom of the screen. [Clean install is recommended, wipe everything except internal storage.]
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the Lineage OS .zip file that you transferred to your Wileyfox Swift in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of the screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This may take some time.
- Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see Wipe cache/dalvik option, select it and then do Swipe to wipe on bottom of screen.
- Now, install the Gapps file the same way you installed the ROM file.
- After flashing both Lineage OS and Gapps, reboot your smartphone.