OnePlus 2 was one incredible device that helped the company make other OEMs sit up and take notice. While OnePlus has been pretty good at supporting the OnePlus 2 with software updates, including patches, when it comes to Oreo update, the support has now dried up.
It’s fair on OEMs’ part to stop preparing major Android updates that require most time and effort for devices more than 24 months old, and that’s what the OnePlus 2 is now. But thanks to developer community, you can still have the OnePlus 2 Oreo update up and running.
We’ve highlighted some of the best Oreo features earlier. To give you a quickie, you are looking at all-new Settings app, new notification centre that now allows you to snooze a notification, notification dots, Autofill, faster app launches and device reboot, etc. stuff.
While the Android 8.0 Oreo update doesn’t involve many changes to the UI, the under-the-hood improvements Google has made to the system are rock solid, and make it a worthy upgrade.
The Oreo update update arrives on the OnePlus 2 via LineageOS 15, which itself right now is under unofficial version. We expect the official builds for the LineageOS 15 to be released pretty soon. Here’s a full list of LineageOS 15 devices for which ROM shall be released, along with links where it’s available.
Download OnePlus 2 LineageOS 15 ROM [Android 8.0 Oreo]
Compatibility and Warning
This ROM is only compatible with OnePlus 2. Do not try this on any other device as you may end up bricking it.
Warning: Do not try anything given on this page if you are not completely aware of what you are doing. In case any damage occurs, we won’t be held responsible.
Check out the development page here at XDA to find latest version of the ROM, its download link, and issues with the ROM at the moment.
Also Read: OnePlus 5 Oreo update
How to Install the LineageOS 15 on OnePlus 2
- Download and transfer the Lineage OS ROM zip file and Gapps file that you downloaded above to your OnePlus 2.
- Boot your smartphone into TWRP recovery.
- Select Wipe from TWRP main menu and do a Swipe to Factory Reset on the bottom of the screen. [Clean install is recommended, wipe everything except internal storage.]
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the Lineage OS .zip file that you transferred to your OnePlus 2 in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of the screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This may take some time.
- Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see Wipe cache/dalvik option, select it and then do Swipe to wipe on bottom of screen.
- Now, install the Gapps file the same way you installed the ROM file.
- After flashing both Lineage OS and Gapps, reboot your smartphone.