HTC One M7 is a legendary phone in our eyes, that introduced us to goodness of metal body and powerful performance. It is only sad that HTC didn’t pick up from there and is in the state it is today. Anyhoo, with the availability of the LineageOS 15.0 ROM for One M7, the device lives on, and proud users can install the ROM now have a taste of Oreo features.
HTC Oreo update plans have also been revealed BTW, and as you’d expect, the company plans to release the Android 8.0 OTA first of all on HTC U11 and HTC U Ultra, followed by other devices. They haven’t confirmed it for the HTC U play, but we do this that device secure an Oreo update of its own easily. No release dates were mentioned either but that’s okay.
Back to LineageOS 15.0, well, only unofficial builds are available at the moment — and you know what, the HTC One M7 is the first device to get LineageOS 15.0 ROM. This also shows how much the development community has towards the One M7.
With the LineageOS 15.0 ROM, you get Android 8.0, and also the popular features that CyanogenMod ROM was popular for, which is actually what LineageOS ROM is coming out of.
HTC One M7 LineageOS 15.0 ROM [Android 8.0 Oreo]
How to Install the LineageOS 15.0 on HTC One M7
- Download and transfer the Lineage OS ROM zip file and Gapps file that you downloaded above to your One M7.
- Boot your One M7 into TWRP recovery.
- Select Wipe from TWRP main menu and do a Swipe to Factory Reset on the bottom of screen. [Clean install is recommended, wipe everything except internal storage.]
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the Lineage OS .zip file that you transferred to your One M7 in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This may take some time.
- Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see Wipe cache/dalvik option, select it and then do Swipe to wipe on bottom of screen.
- Now, install the Gapps file the same way you installed the ROM file.
- After flashing both Lineage OS and Gapps, reboot your One M7.