OnePlus is the only non-Google OEM that currently guarantees at least three Android OS upgrades for its devices. The company already has up to four smartphones taking part in the Android 10 beta program and even better is that nearly all of its existing phones will be upgraded to Android 10.
With longer software support guaranteed, now the big question is when will Android 10 arrive for each of the devices in question? Let’s find out.
More on Android 10:
- OEMs: Samsung | Motorola | Nokia | Huawei
- Android 10: All you need to know
- Best Android 10 features
- Android 10 release date
OnePlus Android 10 Device List
Let’s check which OnePlus devices will get the Android 10 update and the estimated release dates.
|OnePlus Device List||Android 10 Release date|
|OnePlus 7 Pro 5G||October 2019|
|OnePlus 7 Pro||Released on September 21|
|OnePlus 7||Released on September 21|
|OnePlus 6T||November 2019 (Open Beta coming in October)|
|OnePlus 6||November 2019 (Open Beta coming in October)|
|OnePlus 5T||Q2 2020 (won’t get Open Beta)|
|OnePlus 5||Q2 2020 (won’t get Open Beta)|
OnePlus 3, OnePlus 3T, OnePlus 2, OnePlus X and OnePlus One will not receive the Android 10 based OxygenOS 10.0 update.
OnePlus Android 10 Release Date
When will my OnePlus get Android 10?
- Rolling out for OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro as OxygenOS 10.0 [Sep 21]
- Android 10 rollout for OnePlus 7/7 Pro halted, hotfix update expected by October-end
- OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro come with Android 10 pre-installed
- OnePlus 6/6T to get Android 10 in November (Open Beta coming in October)
- OnePlus 5/5T to get Android 10 in Q2 2020 (Open Beta program closed now)
Update [October 11, 2019]: OnePlus today shared its latest plans on Android 10 rollout. The company revealed that they plan to release the Android 10 based Open Beta update for the OnePlus 6 and 6T in October itself with stable update in OxygenOS 10.0 expected in November. As regards OnePlus 5 and 5T, there won’t be any Open Beta updates now, but the Android 10 will be made available as OxygenOS 10.0 update in Q2 2020.
Update [October 10, 2019]: OnePlus has paused the rollout of Android 10 update for OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro because of the various bugs encountered by the users of these two devices who upgraded to OxygenOS 10.0. A hotfix update is under the works and scheduled for rollout by the end of this month.
OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro
Both the devices already come with Android 10 based OxygenOS 10.0 pre-installed. Their next update will be Android 11 but let’s not talk about that right now, eh.
OnePlus 7, 7 Pro and 7 Pro 5G
- Android 10 update is now available as OxygenOS 10.0
- Android 10 began rolling out on September 21
Having released the Android 10 as Open Beta update on the same day when Google released Android 10 for Pixel devices, OnePlus both surprised and impressed us in great proportions. Even better, it took them just 18 days since then to delive the stable Android 10 update for the OnePlus 7 series (except 5G edition), coming in as OxygenOS 10.0.
- OnePlus 7 software update news
- OnePlus 7 Pro software update news
- OnePlus 7 Pro 5G software update news
OnePlus 6 and 6T
- Android 10 beta (Open Beta) confirmed to be released in October
- Stable Android 10 build confirmed for November
Having rolled out OxygenOS 10.0 update that is Android 10 for the OnePlus 7 series, OnePlus plans to release the Android 10 beta for OnePlus 6 series sets in October, with the stable version scheduled for November.
OnePlus 5 and 5T
- Android 10 confirmed for Q2 2020 release
- Android 10 beta isn’t in plans as Open Beta program is now closed for the 5 and 5T
Plus 5 and 5T are guaranteed to receive updates to Android 10, but OnePlus says it won’t be in any major hurry to release the software to the duo. The company plans to release the Android 10 update for the OnePlus 5 and 5T sometime in Q2 2020, and the two device won’t receive it under the Open Beta program.
OnePlus 3 and 3T
- Not eligible for Android 10
- Expect plenty of custom ROMs based on Android 10, though
OnePlus 3 and 3T are the first non-Google devices ever to receive three major Android OS updates officially. As a result, they’ve come to the end of the road, which also means no Android 10 updates from OnePlus.
The only other way to get Android 10, Android R, and probably Android S on your OnePlus 3 and 3T will be through custom ROMs. And yes, you can expect plenty of them from the likes of LingeageOS, Pixel Experience, and so on.
OnePlus One, 2 and X
- None is eligible for Android 10
- Custom ROMs should be available
Its been years since OnePlus officially upgraded the Android OS installed on any of OnePlus One, OnePlus 2 and OnePlus X. This is set to go on even after the release of Android 10, but like with previous versions, expect plenty of custom ROMs based on Android 10 for these devices.
Which OnePlus device do you own and are you satisfied with the OnePlus updates?
Related: How to get Digital Wellbeing and Fnatic mode on OnePlus 5, 5T, 6, and 6T