For the OnePlus 5 and 5T, the update is one of the best additions to Android Pie. As the name suggests, this is Google telling you that your digital health matters to them and that they’ll do everything to help you keep it in check.
This feature was initially limited to Google Pixels running Android Pie but slowly it has found its way to other non-Google phones. The latest to join the party are OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T.
Also available for all four devices is the Fnatic gaming mode that debuted with OnePlus 7 Pro, a feature that gamers should relish having on what are already beastly performers. But how do you get these features on your OnePlus phone?
The OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T are also getting screen recorder feature with today’s Open Beta update 34 and 32 respectively.
How to get Digital Wellbeing and Fnatic mode on OnePlus 5/5T/6/6T
Both Digital Wellbeing and Fnatic mode features are part of the latest Open Beta updates for all four phones. So, if you want these features, you’ll have to:
- Download the required OxygenOS beta update:
Transfer the update file to your OnePlus device.
- Take care to transfer the update file to the root of the internal storage of your OnePlus device. (Don’t put the file inside any folder.)
- Open the Settings app on your OnePlus device.
- Scroll down and tap on System.
- Tap on System updates,
- Tap on the gear icon in the top right.
- Tap on local upgrade.
- Tap on the update file you transferred above. (If you saved it inside any folder, it will not show up for selection. See step 2 above.)
- Tap on Install Now.
- You will see the System update is installing dialogue. Let the system install the update.
- Tap on the REBOOT button to restart the device and finish the update.
- Install the update. (You can use this guide to easily install the update.)
The feature is not available under the stable channel yet on either of the four devices.