What to know
- To select the preferred SIM Line, head to Phone > “i” beside the number > SIM Line > Select preferred SIM Line > Call.
- Once you select a preferred SIM Line, the same will be used for all future calls to the concerned contact.
Android devices have supported dual SIMs for a long time, while iPhones gained this feature only a few years ago. Apple has been continuously enhancing and refining dual SIM capabilities through recent iOS updates. In iOS 17, a new feature allows you to choose a specific SIM for returning calls from unknown callers, instead of relying on your default SIM. If you’ve had difficulty returning calls from the preferred SIM, this post will guide you through the process of easily selecting the desired line. Let’s begin.
How to change the SIM to return calls from an unknown caller
To select the SIM you wish to return the calls from an unknown caller, you need to view their information. Follow the step-by-step guide below to help you along with this process.
Open the Phone app on your iPhone and tap the “i” icon beside the concerned contact.
You will now be shown their contact information. Tap on your currently selected line beside the SIM Line at the top.
Tap and select the line you wish to use to call the caller.
Now tap the Call button to initiate the call from the selected line.
And that’s how you can select a SIM you wish to use to return the calls from an unknown caller.
Do I have to select SIM for each unknown caller?
Yes, although once you select a line for an unknown caller, the same will be used for calling them each time you decide to return their call.
Note: Ensure you select to call them using the call you made using your preferred SIM Line. If you choose to use their missed call instead, then the call will be initiated using the SIM line they called you on.
We hope this post helped you easily select the SIM Line you wish to use to return a call from an unknown caller. If you face any more issues or have more questions, feel free to reach out to us using the comments below.
- 14 Ways to iOS 17 StandBy Not Working [Updated]
- iOS 17 Text Tones Not Working? Quick Fix Explained!
- Personal Voice Not Showing Up in iOS 17? Fix in 10 Proven Ways
- 12 Ways to Fix iOS 17 Face Time Gestures Not Working Issue
- iOS 17: How to Turn off StandBy Mode on iPhone