OnePlus One being the first device to ship with Cyanogen OS, has been a very popular among the power Android users. The device has a vast user base and is one of the first to get Android updates unofficially via AOSP based ROMs, thanks to the love developers shower on it.
If you’re an OnePlus One user and are desperate to get the latest release of Android — Nougat — boot on your device, developer updateing over at xda has got you covered.
updateing has built an Android 7.0 Nougat ROM for OnePlus One based on AOSP sources Google released for the Android 7.0 release. Of course, his build is currently experimental, but it seems he has gotten to sort out most hardware issues as everything seems to be working on the ROM except for video hardware encoding, which causes camcorder to fail.
Check out the list of known bugs with OnePlus One Nougat AOSP ROM:
1. HW disk encryption is likely broken. I reverted some commits to make cryptfs_hw build, but I’m not sure if that works. Do not try it.
2. SELinux is permissive, and init allows service without a SELinux domain to start.
3. GPS may take longer to obtain a position fix. (yes it’s working… sorry for the misunderstanding)
4. Only Launcher2 is included. You may install a new one as you like.
5. No LiveDisplay and gestures except DT2W (DT2W can not be turned off via Settings app for now).
6. Rotating screen while playing video can cause the display to “split”
Grab the OnePlus One Android 7.0 Nougat ROM from the download link below and flash/install like you’d install any other custom ROM (Factory reset + ZIP flash). Also, since this is an AOSP based ROM, you need to install/flash a Nougat supported Gapps package separately to get Google services like Play Store back on your device. Grab it from the download link below as well.
For help installing Android 7.0 Nougat ROM on your OnePlus One, follow our detailed step-by-step guid eto install a custom ROM using TWRP recovery.
[icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How to Install a Custom ROM using TWRP
Be sure to follow the original development page for this ROM for updated builds.