The OnePlus 7 Pro’s features are quite impressive, to say in the least. The Fluid AMOLED Display with its 90Hz refresh rate still remains unchallenged on regular flagships and if you’re looking for a performance phone, this one comes with Fnatic mode, a setting that optimizes the phone’s processor ensure brilliant gaming experience.
While it looks like the phone got all the major aspects right, the makers have bungled up in other places. As news about the OnePlus 7 Pro’s ghost touch issue is picking up everywhere, another issue has emerged with users reporting a lack of response from the phone’s ‘tap to wake’ feature on the XDA forums.
Related → Common OnePlus 7 Pro problems and how to fix them
This feature should ideally enable you to wake up the screen with a double tap. However, it seems to be unresponsive, especially when the lighting of your setting changes drastically.
Fortunately, this issue can be solved with a simple software update to the latest version of OxygenOS. OnePlus rolled out update 9.5.4 for the unlocked version globally, few countries in the EU have also received the 9.5.5 update recently to ensure this particular bug is fixed along with a few other issues.
Here are the steps to get the latest updates of Oxygen OS:
- Go to your phone’s Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on System.
- Tap on Advanced.
- Tap on System update.
- If there is an update, the system will automatically begin installing it.
Once you get the latest update, this issue should be resolved.
However, if your phone is still not responding to ‘tap to wake’, you’ll have to recalibrate your phone’s proximity sensor.
- Dial *#808# on the dialer to enter the phone’s engineering mode (also called FactoryMode).
- Tap on Enter to proceed.
- Swipe from right to left to enter Device debugging mode.
- Tap on Proximity Sensor Test.
- Tap on Infrared Proximity Test.
- Ensure that the top half of your phone is not covered by anything (like a case) and tap on the Offset Calibrate button a few times until you get the message ‘Pass’ on the screen.
We hope following this process gets your phone to respond to ‘tap to wake’.
However, here is another method to solve the tap to wake problem on your 7 Pro.
- Disable Adaptive brightness. For this, go to Settings > Display > Toggle off the option Adaptive brightness. That’s it.
Let us know whether you were able to solve the issue with double tap to wake or not.
Some useful OnePlus 7 Pro tips: