Genshin Impact has been taking the world by storm since its release on the 28th of September 2020. The game introduces the RPG genre with co-op in a unique manner by allowing you to choose the players that enter your world in Genshin Impact. While it may seem like an MMO RPG, the game is vastly different and features umpteen side quests to help you kill your time and level up your character.
You can also create a roster of different characters and train them for different fighting styles to face off against different kinds of bosses. One character that has been making quite the buzz is Xiangling. If you too wish to play as Xiangling in Genshin Impact then let’s take a look at the procedure to acquire her.
Can you get Xiangling For Free?
Xiangling is a 4-star character in Genshin Impact. This means that you can easily acquire her through in-game wishes using the real-life currency. But if you do not wish to spend money in the game, then you can also get Xiangling completely for free by completing the Spiral Abyss challenge up to Floor 3 Chamber 3.
Completing this challenge will help you earn Xiangling as your final reward. Let’s take a look at how you can do this.
How to Get Xiangling in Genshin Impact for free
Xiangling is a 4 star Pyro character in Genshin Impact that is a great support unit. You can either be awarded this character using the in-game gacha system or get it through the Spiral Abyss challenge on Musk Reef for free. Let’s take a look at how you can get Xiangling for free.
- Reach Rank 20 in adventure
Once you are Rank 20, navigate your character to Cape Oath. Now you can either jump off of the cliff and make your way to ‘Musk Reef’. Alternatively, you can complete a simple puzzle near Cape Oath which will give you access to a portal that will take you directly to Musk Reef.
Once you are at Musk Reef, go into the Spiral Abyss.
Now Spiral Abyss is a combat challenge which is a throwback to your traditional RPG games. You have different floors with 3 chambers each. Each chamber gets increasingly difficult in combat and clearing each floor rewards you with rare items. Thankfully, Xiangling is the reward for completing Floor 3 chamber 3. All you have to do is beat all the 3 floors and their respective chambers and you will be awarded Xiangling automatically.
Tip: We recommend that you fill up on supplies and health before attempting this challenge.
And that’s it. After you have completed chamber 3 on Floor 3 you will be awarded Xiangling as a character. You can then upgrade her with artifacts and items to increase your team’s potential.
Related: Genshin Impact: How to Change Glider
Xiangling Quest in Genshin Impact
Xiangling’s in-game quest is all about looking for secret ingredients. Once your character reaches Level 15 in the game, the quest should be available to you in the story mode. The quest is titled Mondstadt Gastronomy Trip and involves the following 6 chapters.
- Little Chef on a hunt
- Cooking Apartment
- Secret Ingredients
- Lucky Find
- Present from the past
- Cooking Showdown
The first quest will be located near the Shrine of the Seven and will be named ‘Meet the girl in the forest’. Reaching the spot will start a cutscene where you will get to meet Xiangling. After the cutscene is complete, presenting Xiangling with 3 chunks of Raw Meat will help you move on to the next step.
Xiangling is a pyro character with a bear and a polearm. The polearm is the main weapon of choice for this character alongside her pyro powers. Additionally, you can all in your accompanying bear which will let out a stream of pyro attacks at specific intervals.
These attacks can be combined with other characters from your roster to deal more and more damage. You can also increase Xiangling’s stats and attributes to reduce the intervals between specific attacks to deal even more damage.
Xiangling has the following attacks and talents. You can use the talents to your advantage depending on your opponent’s skill level and their roster. You can also combine Xiangling’s attacks with attacks from other team members to deal more damage to your opponent.
- Normal Attack (Dough-Fu): Up to 5 consecutive spear strikes.
- Charged Attack (Dough-Fu): Lunge attack with the pole, damage dealt to all enemies in the way.
- Elemental skill (Guoba Attack): Summons pet panda that pyro attacks at specific intervals.
- Elemental burst (Pyronado): Pyro tornado that deals damage to enemies around it.
- Passive attack 1 (Crossfire): Guoba’s flame shooting range is increased.
- Passive attack 2 (Beware, it’s super hot): Guoba leaves chilli pepper when departing the fight. Collecting chilli pepper increases ATK DMG by 10%.
- Passive attack 3 (Chef de Cuisine): Perfect dish cooking has a 12% chance of doubling the final product.
Constellations can be unlocked through Stella Fortuna material. The Stella Fortuna material is specific to each character in Genshin Impact and you will need to pull a duplicate character from your wishes to get Stella Fortuna for that particular character.
Constellations can help improve the stats and attack power of your character which can be a significant advantage when playing the game. Let’s take a look at all the constellations available for Xiangling.
- Crispy outside, Tender inside: Enemies attacked by your pet panda, Guoba, have their pyro resistance decreased by 15% for the next 6 seconds.
- Oil meets fire: Normal attack sequence’s last attack will initiate the implode status on your enemy for 2 seconds. After this time is completed, the enemy will be dealt with 75% of your attacks as Pyro damage.
- Deepfry: Pyronado’s level is increased by 3. (Only up to level 15)
- Slowbake: Pyronado duration increase by 40%.
- Condensed Pyronado: All party members get an additional 15% Pyro DMG bonus as long as the tornado lasts.
We hope this guide helped you get familiar with Xiangling’s character and all of her abilities. If you have any more questions regarding Genshin Impact, feel free to reach out to us using the comments section below.
- Genshin Impact Anemoculus Locations
- Genshin Impact Shrine of Depths Locations
- Genshin Impact: How to Change Glider
- How to Clean the ‘Statues of the Seven’ in Genshin Impact