The Chinese conglomerate LeEco launched the Le Max 2 smartphone last year. This was added to the list of existing Le smartphones, which quickly became popular in some emerging markets like India. Later, the company also entered other markets like the U.S. etc. as well.
However, now, the company’s situation is quite different. They recently laid off a majority of its US workforce as well, which tells us a lot about their current situation in the market. Naturally, their smartphone line took a hit, and now, it looks like we won’t be seeing anything new from them.
That said, the software support for the existing smartphones is also a huge question. They are indeed having a hard time keeping up with updates. In this case, if you own a LeEco smartphone, then we highly suggest you flash a third-party ROM. If you are a LeEco Le2 Max smartphone user, then you can now flash the LineageOS 15, which is based on Android 8.0 oreo.
Although this is not a final release, the LineageOS 15 ROM is already available for a bunch of smartphones like the Xiami Mi 5s, Moto G3, etc. Do make a note that it may have a few bugs initially, however, we believe that a few software updates will fix them.
LeEco Le2 MAX LineageOS 15 ROM [Android 8.0 Oreo]
Compatibility and Warning
This ROM is only compatible with LeEco Le MAX 2 (X820). Do not try this on any other device.
Warning: Do not try anything given on this page if you are not entirely aware of what you are doing. In case any damage occurs, we won’t be held responsible.
Note: Check out the development page here at XDA for latest download link and changelog.
How to Install the LineageOS 15 on LeEco Le MAX 2
- Download and transfer the Lineage OS ROM zip file and Gapps file that you downloaded above to your Le MAX 2.
- Boot your smartphone into TWRP recovery.
- Select Wipe from TWRP main menu and do a Swipe to Factory Reset on the bottom of the screen. [Clean install is recommended, wipe everything except internal storage.]
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the Lineage OS .zip file that you transferred to your Le MAX 2 in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of the screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This may take some time.
- Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see Wipe cache/dalvik option, select it and then do Swipe to wipe on bottom of screen.
- Now, install the Gapps file the same way you installed the ROM file.
- After flashing both Lineage OS and Gapps, reboot your smartphone.
Credit: andr68rus, andr68rus, shivatejapeddi and akhilnarang