If administered properly, kids and technology can be an extremely interesting combo. While exposing a young mind to the fascinating and addictive world of smartphones can be damaging, it doesn’t hurt to use bits and pieces of tech to our advantage, for our peace of mind.
GPS is one of the most useful inventions of modern technology. Not only does it allow us to know our exact location, but it can also bless you with the peace of mind you crave when your kid goes out. These trackers come in various shapes and sizes, so, your kid could even love to take theirs out on a stroll around the neighborhood.
In this section, we’ll take a quick look at some of the leading GPS trackers in the world, guaranteeing there’s always one guardian angel looking over your precious.
Best screenless trackers for kids
These GPS trackers not only give you the realtime location of your kid but they also facilitate simple, one-touch communication in case of an emergency. These trackers are LTE-powered, so, you’ll need a contract to get these units up and running.
Weenect Kids won’t win awards for the way it looks, but it certainly checks all the right boxes when it comes to delivering absolute peace of mind.
- No distance limit
- Battery backup of up to 7 days
- Water and shock resistant (with pouch)
- SOS emergency phone button with a 10-minute allowance per month
- Configurable Geofences alerts
AngelSense GPS Tracker
Widely regarded as one of the best GPS tracking devices, AngelSense’s unit has been crafted perfectly for children with special needs. AngelSense is easy to configure, attach, and track — making it an ideal tracker for your special family.
- Unknown place alert
- Universal cellular support
- Convenient 2-way voice system with 60 minutes/month Talktime
- Ability to search for your loved one even indoors (mall, school, etc.)
- Best-in-category battery life
Best trackers with a small footprint
If your kid isn’t too thrilled to have a tracker around them at all times, these two sneaky GPS tools are bound to come in handy.
Many trackers claim to be the smallest in their segment, but Tracki, with its super-compact form factor, lucrative price, and exceptional performance, has blown most of its rivals out of the water.
- Really small footprint — 1.8 x 1.6 x 0.7 inches and 1.4 oz
- SOS button
- Monthly fee under $10 with worldwide coverage
- Battery lasts up to 60 days
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth tracking supported
Buy now: Get Tracki on Amazon for $28.88
After being introduced to Tracki, all other GPS trackers are bound to look chunky in comparison. Family1st may not be as blessed as Tracki in terms of physical dimensions, but it, too, has a lot to offer.
- Truly a small, lightweight device with dimensions of 2.8 x 1.8 x 1.1 inches and weight of 3.6 Oz
- 600 mAh Li-Polymer, which lasts up to 14 days
- Geofencing enabled with smart alerts
- 4G LTE-powered realtime tracking
- Easy setup procedure
Buy now: Get Family1st on Amazon for $19.95
RELATED: Best movie-making apps for kids
Best wearable trackers
It may not seem like it, but these two watches have been carefully crafted to get you the peace of mind you need while also giving your kid a distraction-free atmosphere.
If you have money to spare and want to get your child something they can flaunt around, look no further than Verizon’s own Gizmowatch. The watch is also packed with safety features and, of course, comes with Verizon’s leading network.
- Attractive design
- Two-way communication
- No addictive games or applications
- Up to 4 days of usage time (7 days standby)
- Easy messaging
DokiPal may not be backed by an industry-leading network, but it has some excellent tricks up its sleeve, which, in all honesty, are better than most other options out there. Video calling is the smartwatch’s biggest USP, but there are other lucrative features as well.
- Patented video calling
- One-button SOS, which sends the location and a 60-second sound recording of surroundings
- Fitness tracking options
- dokiAsk AI voice assistant
- The IP68 water and dust resistant rating guarantees a worry-free environment