Japanese operator KDDI, has announced the Vega PTL21 smartphone, with a unique touchless-operation feature. The Vega PTL21, manufactured by Korean-based Pantech, will be released on November 2nd. KDDI would also be carrying the newly announced HTC J Butterfly.
The Vega PTL21 includes Vega Motion technology, which features an infrared sensor that detects hand movements and replicates on-screen actions like swiping up/down in a browser, or answering a call. A feature which can be especially handy when your hands are dirty or wet, like in the bath, or while in the kitchen. Aalso useful when you need to operate the phone in winter, with gloves on. Check out the video at the bottom of the article to see the Pantech Vega PTL21 touch-less operation in action.
The Pantech Vega PTL21 will be available from November 2nd, and will be priced at around 30000 yen.
Here’s a quick look at the key specs and features:
- 1.5Ghz dual core Snapdragon S4 CPU
- 4.3 inches HD display (1280×720)
- 1GB of RAM
- 16 GB Internal Storage / expandable microSDHC slot
- Dual-band LTE
- 8 MP Rear camera / 2 MP Front-facing camera
- Seg-Osaifu certified (infrared, waterproof and dustproof)
- 1810 mAh battery
- Color: Precious White, Black Luxe
- Android 4.0 Ice cream Sandwich.
Check out the Pantech Vega PTL21 in action:[youtube video_id=”kcpho7jeqO8″ width=”620″ height=”400″ /]