LG G6 is one of the bets phones right now — that it, if you’re willing to forego on the best processor, and don’t wanna splash the cash on the like of V30 and Note 8. It’s a given the the G6 is in line for the Oreo update from LG, but guess what, you can have some fun with the Android 8.0 update already thanks to LineageOS 15 ROM.
We’ve seen the LineageOS 15 ROM show up for many devices. It’s an after-market firmware, based on Android 8.0, and gets you stock UI and all apps and stuff that Google throws in the Android 8.0 AOSP build. Check our full coverage on this here: LineageOS 15 downloads and device list.
LG Oreo release plan in still not made public by the company, but we think either of the V30 and G6 would be among the first to snatch a 8.0 OTA from the company.
With the Oreo update, you get some cool features like new features like picture-in-picture, Autofill, new notifications center, new Settings app, notification snooze, etc. stuff.
The LineageOS 15 ROM for LG G6 here is an alpha build, and its only fair given that the development has just started for the LOS 15 ROM. Expect a more stable build to be available soon, but at the moment, do not rely on this LOS 15 build as your daily driver. And it’s highly advised that you keep a firmware ready to go back to stock safely, in case something wrong goes here.
LG G6 LineageOS 15 ROM [Android 8.0 Oreo]
Compatibility and Warning
This ROM is only compatible with LG G6 (codename: H870). Do not try this on any other device.
Warning: Do not try anything given on this page if you are not entirely aware of what you are doing. In case any damage occurs, we won’t be held responsible.
Note: Check out the development page here at XDA for latest download link and changelog. (To be updated with a link when available.) Latest builds may be available here.
How to Install the LineageOS 15 on LG G6
- Download and transfer the Lineage OS ROM zip file and Gapps file that you downloaded above to your LG G6.
- Boot your smartphone into TWRP recovery.
- Select Wipe from TWRP main menu and do a Swipe to Factory Reset on the bottom of the screen. [Clean install is recommended, wipe everything except internal storage.]
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the Lineage OS .zip file that you transferred to your LG G6 in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of the screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This may take some time.
- Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see Wipe cache/dalvik option, select it and then do Swipe to wipe on bottom of screen.
- Now, install the Gapps file the same way you installed the ROM file.
- After flashing both Lineage OS and Gapps, reboot your smartphone.