The two phones have the same software on board, hence the same version number of update they are receiving. With this in mind, the pair is also getting the same contents as per the changelog below:
- Optimizes Camera and the Navigation dock.
- Optimizes the Beauty feature by adding special touches based on the genders of the photographed subjects.
- Optimizes the accessibility of the Navigation dock, which can now be used in Ultra power saving mode and the notification panel.
- Optimizes the system power consumption by controlling the consumption of third-party apps
- Simplifies the operation of the status bar (tapping on it to return to the call screen is supported).
- Increases the speed of grabbing WeChat lucky money.
- Enjoy being faster than the rest even when in the same network environment.
- Fixes an issue where a hidden WLAN with strong signal could not be connected to.
- Fixes an issue where time zones could not be automatically updated according to location for certain carrier SIMs in countries with multiple time zones.
- Fixes an issue where music being played over in-car Bluetooth couldn’t be paused.
- Fixes an issue where Kaiseda K8 Locks couldn’t be connected to.
- Fixes an issue where Camera would occasionally fail to open or display a black screen shortly after opening.
Although no new features, the latest Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro updates have lots of fixes and optimizations. One of the most annoying issues was with the camera failing to open or showing a black screen after opening, especially considering how good the phones’ cameras are.
The updates have just started rolling out and in fact, they are currently targeting Chinese variants of the pair with model numbers ALP-AL00 and BLA-AL00, but the rest of the globe is also expected to join the party sooner than later.