With the ever-growing number of streaming services, chances are you’ll be finding it hard to search for which one to subscribe to. It’s difficult to keep track of whether a title is available online and which platform could be streamed from. Last year, Google addressed this issue by integrating a search tool inside the Play Movies app to search for titles across other streaming services but the feature lacked support for two mainstream content providers – Netflix and the new Disney+.
The Mountain View company has finally added support for Netflix and Disney Plus on Google Play Movies. This means that you can readily search for movies, documentaries, and TV shows that are available to watch on Netflix and Disney Plus without needing to go to their individual apps and search for the same.
Note: The rollout of the latest feature does not mean that you can now stream content through Netflix and Disney+ without their respective apps. The latest feature only helps sort and search for content across a wide variety of services and clicking on a link will lead straight to the streaming app the title is available on.
How to search Netflix and Disney+ content on Google Play Movies
The latest addition to Google Play Movies is a welcome change allowing you to search for movies and TV shows to watch across an entirety of streaming services. Here’s a guide to search Netflix and Disney+ movies and TV Shows on Google Play Movies.
How to set up
- Open the Google Play Movies app on your Android phone.
- Tap on the hamburger menu from the top left.
- Tap on Manage Services.
- You will now be greeted with a page showing different streaming services.
- Choose your desired content providers, or in this case, select Netflix and Disney+.
- Tap Next at the bottom.
- You will now be taken to a page offering you to log in to your cable or satellite subscription.
- If you don’t wish to do that, hit Done at the bottom right.
How to search
- Open the Google Play Movies app.
- Now tap on the search icon at the top right.
- Type the name of the TV show, movie, or documentary you want to watch and press enter.
- Select your preferred content from the results.
- Tap on Watch on Netflix (if the content is on Netflix) or Watch on Disney+ (for Disney-specific titles).
- You will be taken to the respective app where the content will get automatically played.
That’s it! From now on, whenever you wish to watch a TV show or a movie, you can now search for that within Google within Play Movies. The app will then show you content from the list of streaming services you chose to select and take you to the respective page on their service to start playing.
Did you try searching Netflix and Disney+ content on Google Play Movies? Let us know in the comments below.