The Huawei Watch GT is possibly one of the best smartwatches available in the market. The smartwatch comes at an attractive price and has ditched Wear OS for Huawei’s very own proprietary Lite OS. Since the device software isn’t packed to the brim with features, Huawei claims the device can last for about 2 weeks on a single charge.
Even though the Watch GT seems to be a great option amongst the best smartwatches available, a few users have been fairly disappointed since they aren’t able to pair their Huawei Watch GT to their smartphone via the Huawei Health application.
While the issue seems to be occurring due to server problems, Huawei has still not acknowledged the issue publicly so we’re here to help. Let’s check out a fairly simple way to get your shiny new Huawei Watch GT paired with your Android device.
Related: Huawei Watch GT: All you need to know
Use a VPN service
As we mentioned above, the issue seems to be due to server issues hence you might have to use a VPN service to update the Huawei Health application to be able to pair the Watch GT to your Android device.
- Download and install any VPN application from the Google Play Store.
- Through trial and error, you would have to try and connect to a server from ‘Mainland China’.
- Try updating the application and then checking to see if the Watch GT shows up in the devices list.
- If the Watch GT still does not show up, then we’d suggest turning off your Wi-Fi and enabling Mobile Data.
- Once you’ve enabled mobile data, check the device list again within the Huawei health application.
- The Watch GT should now show up in the devices list.
Check out: The best VPN apps for Android
This process involves a lot of trial and error and you might have to use your Mobile data to update the Health application, however, if you want to pair your Huawei Watch GT to your smartphone, then this is the best way to do so.