Minecraft is one of the most popular games in today’s day and age. It comes with a variety of gameplay options and has a great online community as well. To keep the players engaged, developers release feature updates to Minecraft regularly. These updates help add new items, new creatures, new areas, and more to Minecraft which helps keep everyone engaged no matter the level you are playing at. Minecraft recently released a Nether update that introduces new Nether areas, new items, and even a new material called Netherite. Let’s take a look at it.
What is Netherite?
Netherite is a new material in Minecraft that lies at the top when it comes to material hierarchy. Netherite is more valuable, powerful, and durable than diamonds in Minecraft. This means that diamond armor and tools are no longer the ultimate sources of power in Minecraft. Netherite is also more durable which means that it can float on lava and can not be burnt no matter the source of the fire.
How can you upgrade to Netherite
Well, the process is pretty complicated but the general requirements ask you to own plenty of gold and diamond items before you get started. This is because Netherite alone can not upgrade your tools, weapons, and armor. You will need gold to manufacture Netherite Ingots which can then be used to upgrade your diamond weapons, tools, and armors.
How rare is Netherite?
Netherite is super rare in Minecraft due to the various requirements and its position in the Minecraft material hierarchy. The basic mining of Netherite goes as follows.
- Ancient Debris: First you need to find the ore, Ancient Debris. This debris is not found in the overworld and you will have to travel to the Nether to look for it. Generally, ancient debris is found at y level 15 and can only be mined using diamond tools. Fortunately, it can be mined easily if you have the right equipment, it is blast resistant and can be easily moved around with the help of pistons.
- Netherite Scrap: Once you own the Ancient Debris ore, you will need to turn it into Netherite Scrap. This process is easy and only requires you to smelt your Ancient Debris in a furnace with your desire heat source.
- Netherite Ingot: This is the final product that you are aiming for. These ingots are extremely valuable and can be used to upgrade your in-game gear. Netherite Ingots are also required in case you wish to manufacture Netherite blocks, Lodestones, and more. Netherite Ingots are formed by crafting your Netherite Scraps and Gold Ingots together. 4 Netherite Scraps and 4 Gold Ingots results in one single Netherite Ingot. And multiple netherite ingots can help you upgrade your diamond armor, craft netherite blocks, and manufacture lodestones.
Apart from these basic mining steps and requirements that you have to go through to obtain usable amounts of Netherite, you also need to fulfill the following criteria to have a chance at obtaining Netherite.
- Diamond Gear
- Diamond Armour if you wish to upgrade to Netherite Armour.
- Diamond Tools if you wish to upgrade to Netherite Tools.
- Diamond Weapons if you wish to upgrade to Netherite Weapons.
- Lots of Gold to make Netherite Ingots.
- Enchanted armor and Fire Potions to access Ancient Debris. Ancient Debris is hard to find, is only available in the Nether, and is most of the times under lava which endangers the life of your character. Not to mention that only a certain amount of debris can be found in a particular area before you can move to the next ones.
All these factors and requirements for other rare materials before you can even hope to upgrade to tools and armor based on Netherite make this a very rare material. Although it is easy to mine if you have the right equipment and items, getting this equipment and items can prove to be very challenging and time-consuming for many players.
What happens to enchantments if I upgrade my items to Netherite?
Upgrading items with Netherite will preserve the enchantments applied to them. This means that you will not have to enchant your items again once you have upgraded them with Netherite. The following items can be upgraded with Netherite using the smelting process.
Note: While each item only requires a single piece of Netherite Ingot in the smelting furnace, you still need to have the diamond variant of the particular item to upgrade. If you do not have a diamond level item then you won’t be able to upgrade your items to Netherite.
- Netherite Sword
- Netherite Pickaxe
- Netherite Axe
- Netherite Shovel
- Netherite Hoe
- Netherite Helmet
- Netherite Chestplate
- Netherite Leggings
- Netherite Boots
We hope this guide helped you learn more about the rarity of Netherite in Minecraft. If you have any more questions regarding the same, feel free to reach out to us using the comments section below.
Image Credits: Gamepedia.com