Samsung’s latest Android update is around the corner and users can sign up for the beta programme to get their hands on with the new One UI on top of Android 9 Pie.
Beta versions of updates usually come along with a few bugs here and there so we’d suggest not to install it on the Galaxy S9/S9+ or Note 9 if it’s your primary device, however, if you’re willing to unsee the bugs, then installing the beta version is the best way to get a look at the new update.
- Samsung One UI device list
- Samsung Android 9 Pie device list
- What’s new in Samsung One UI
- Samsung One UI confirmed for the Galaxy S8, S8+ and Galaxy Note 8
So let’s take a look at how to sign up for the beta program for One UI based on Android 9 Pie.
Note: You must have a Samsung account to sign up for the beta program.
How to sign up for One UI beta
Signing up for the beta is fairly simple, however, it’s worth noting that you might not be selected by Samsung for the beta program because of the limited amount of places up for grabs and probably millions of user applying.
Also, the beta programme is limited to China, France, Germany, India, Poland, South Korea, Spain, UK, and USA (works on T-Mobile and Sprint devices).
Here is a guide to sign up for the One UI beta programme:
- Download and Install the latest Samsung+ application from the link and uninstall the Samsung+ app you might have installed already even if it is the latest version.
- Sign in using your Samsung account.
- Tap on Your Profile in the top right corner and you should now see the option ‘One UI Beta Program’.
- Submit your application and then wait for a confirmation to know if you are added to the beta program or not.
- Once you’re registered for the Beta program, you would need to wait about 15 minutes and then start checking for the beta update manually.
- To check for the update manually, head over to Settings > Software update > Download updates manually.
If you still aren’t selected for the beta programme, then here’s what you can try:
- Go to Settings > Apps > Samsung+ > Storage > Clear Cache & Data.
- Reopen Samsung+ and log in once again with your Samsung account.
- Tap on your Profile and tap on One UI Beta Program.
- Most probably you will be registered for the One UI Beta and simply check for an update manually following the same steps as mentioned earlier.
The One UI Beta update should be out in various countries before the end of the month.