Xiaomi is all set to launch the new Mi Mix 2 smartphone next week. However, that said, the previously launched Mi Mix smartphone still remains one of the best smartphones which you can buy right now. It has some really powerful internals and it is also considered to be one of the best-looking smartphones of 2016.
And thanks to availability of the LineageOS 15 ROM on the Mi Mix, you can now install and run Android 8.0 on it right away. The LineageOS 15 ROM is based on Android 8.0, and it gets you Android’s stock UI as against the MIUI custom skin that Xiaomi overlays on its software.
Although this is not an official update, it is definitely worth a try, since it brings all the new Android 8.0 Oreo features to this smartphone. However, since this is not an official release, it may have a few bugs, but we do believe that they will be ironed out with a few updates over the course of time.
Xiaomi Mi Mix LineageOS 15 ROM [Android 8.0 Oreo]
Compatibility and Warning
This ROM is only compatible with Xiaomi Mi Mix (codename: lithium). Do not try this on any other device.
Warning: Do not try anything given on this page if you are not entirely aware of what you are doing. In case any damage occurs, we won’t be held responsible.
Note: Check out the development page here at XDA for latest download link and changelog. (To be updated with a link when available.)
How to Install the LineageOS 15 on Xiaomi Mi Mix
- Download and transfer the Lineage OS ROM zip file and Gapps file that you downloaded above to your Mi Mix.
- Boot your smartphone into TWRP recovery.
- Select Wipe from TWRP main menu and do a Swipe to Factory Reset on the bottom of the screen. [Clean install is recommended, wipe everything except internal storage.]
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the Lineage OS .zip file that you transferred to your Mi Mix in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of the screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This may take some time.
- Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see Wipe cache/dalvik option, select it and then do Swipe to wipe on bottom of screen.
- Now, install the Gapps file the same way you installed the ROM file.
- After flashing both Lineage OS and Gapps, reboot your smartphone.
Credit: Nazmul hasan