March 15, 2019: Xiaomi is rolling out a new software update to the Mi MIX 2S with MIUI 10.2.2.0.PDGMIXM. This update, as per the changelog, brings the latest Android security patch available for the handset. The update is based on Android Pie and is available over the air, although we also have the download files for manual installation in the table below.
Original article below:
For the latest software update news regarding Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S, this page has it all. For those who wish to download and install the MIUI firmware manually, we have the download links for every official update, beta and stable, that the Mi MIX 2S has ever received.
We also have detailed guides on how to install the MIUI updates manually using both fastboot and local methods.
Global Mi MIX 2S update timeline
|Date||Software version||Download link||Changelog|
|06 Mar 2019||MIUI 10.2.2 (stable) | Android 9||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Installs latest Android security patch available for the device|
|24 Jan 2019||MIUI 10 9.1.24 (beta) | Android 9||Recovery update||Bug fixes and improvements|
|18 Jan 2019||MIUI 10 9.1.17 (beta) | Android 9||Recovery update||Fixes issue where a phone number is displayed instead of the contact name in the Messaging app, the battery percentage and network icons are very close, and more|
|10 Jan 2019||MIUI 10 9.1.10 (beta) | Android 9||Recovery update||Bug fixes and optimizations|
|03 Jan 2019||MIUI 10.2.1 (stable) | Android 9||Recovery update||Bug fixes and improved system stability|
|20 Dec 2018||MIUI 10 8.12.20 (beta) | Android 9||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Bug fixes|
|13 Dec 2018||MIUI 10 8.12.13 (beta) | Android 9||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Bug fixes and improvements|
|29 Nov 2018||MIUI 10 8.11.29 (beta) | Android 9.0||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Bug fixes and performance enhancements|
|23 Nov 2018||MIUI 10 8.11.23 (beta) | Android 9||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Bug fixes and improvements|
|20 Nov 2018||MIUI 10.0.6 (stable) | Android 9||Recovery update||Fixed issues where restoring the status of the Bluetooth headphone battery is not displayed in the status bar in some cases,
recovery of system permissions worked slowly, and optimization of panoramas is now more stable
|08 Nov 2018||MIUI 10 8.11.8 (beta) | Android 9||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Night sight feature, bug fixes and stability improvements|
|03 Nov 2018||MIUI 10.0.4 (stable) | Android 9||OTA available||Bug fixes|
|18 Oct 2018||MIUI 10 8.10.18 (beta) | Android 9||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Bug fixes and performance improvements|
|17 Oct 2018||MIUI 10.0.3 (stable) | Android 9.0||Recovery update||Installs stable Android 9 Pie update|
|11 Oct 2018||MIUI 10 8.10.11 (beta) | Android 9||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Bug fixes and performance improvements|
|21 Sep 2018||MIUI 10.0.2 (stable) | Android 8.0||Recovery update||Installs stable MIUI 10 update|
|20 Sep 2018||MIUI 10 8.9.20 (beta) | Android 9||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Bug fixes and performance improvements|
|13 Sep 2018||MIUI 10 8.9.13 (beta) | Android 9||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Bug fixes and performance improvements|
|10 Sep 2018||MIUI 10 8.9.7 (beta)||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Brings Android 9 Pie beta to the global public beta channel for the first time|
|04 Aug 2018||MIUI 10 8.8.4 (beta)||Recovery update||Minor UI improvements, bug fixes and stability optimizations|
|01 Aug 2018||MIUI 9.6.4 (stable) | Android 8.0||Recovery update||You can now hide the shortcut to Second space, bug fixes, and performance improvements|
|26 July 2018||MIUI 10 8.7.26 (beta) | Android 8.0||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Bug fixes, performance improvements, and more|
|19 July 2018||MIUI 10 8.7.19 (beta) | Android 8.0||Recovery update | Fastboot update (NA)||Multiple bug fixes and performance improvements|
|12 July 2018||MIUI 10 8.7.12 (beta) | Android 8.0||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Bug fixes and performance improvements|
|10 July 2018||MIUI 9.5.20 (stable) | Android 8.0||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Fixed several bugs|
|06 July 2018||MIUI 10 8.7.5 (beta) | Android 8.0||Recovery update | Fastboot update||
Installs MIUI 10 beta. Adds nature sounds, LDAC support, and improves UI, Mi AI, Face Unlock, camera, and more
|07 June 2018||MIUI 9.5.19 (stable) | Android 8.0||Recovery update | Fastboot update||Fixes issues with Bluetooth status, automatic device locking when taking photos, auto hands-free, weather location, device reboots, alarm not going off, WiFi hotspots, and more|
|08 May 2018||MIUI 8.5.3 (beta) | Android 9 Pie||Fastboot update||Android 9 Pie (developer preview)|
Russian Mi MIX 2S update timeline
|Date||Software version||Download link||Changelog|
|28 Sep 2018||MIUI 9.5.16 (stable) | Android 8.0||Recovery update||Bug fixes and improvements|
MIUI 10 update
- Global stable update available
Xiami released the stable MIUI 10 to the Mi MIX 2S in September 2018. If the update hasn’t arrived on your phone just yet, you can grab the download file in the table below and install it manually.
Related: How to install MIUI 10 update
Update [Sep 29]: It’s now possible to install the Google Camera app on your Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S after the app was ported to not only this device but also other Xiaomi phones using the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor. More details here.
→ Download Google Camera port for Mi MIX 2S
Android 9 Pie update
|Category||Current OS||Android 9 Pie update|
|Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S||Android 9 Pie||Released on 17 October 2018|
Xiaomi started beta testing Android P on the Mi MIX 2S in May and as of October 17, 2018, the stable update has started rolling out. As expected, the update has MIUI 10 on top, Xiaomi’s custom skin.
How to install Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S update
There are different methods you can use to install MIUI updates besides the usual OTA downloads. All of them involve manual installation and we have procedures for each one right below. Note that in most cases, Xiaomi provides all three files in distinct packages, so make sure you grab the right one depending on the method you want to use.
How to install Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S Recovery update
Like the systems update, there are a few things you also need to note before going the recovery update route.
- Please wipe all data in Recovery mode if you want to update to a discontinuous ROM version, or downgrade to an older ROM version using MIUI full ROM pack.
- Due to the differences in Recovery interface, this method is not applicable to devices with a locked bootloader.
Now, onto the main steps of installing MIUI recovery update on your Xiaomi phone.
- Download the latest MIUI ROM file from the table above and rename the downloaded ROM file to ‘update.zip’ on the computer.
- Connect your device to the computer above using a USB cable and copy the ROM file downloaded and renamed in Step 1 above into the root directory of the internal storage of your device (Do not put it in any folder).
- Enter the Recovery mode of your device. There are 2 methods to do it as follows:
Method 1: Launch ‘Updater’ app on your device, click the ‘…’ icon at the top-right corner, and select ‘Reboot to Recovery mode’ to enter.
Method 2: You can also turn off your device and then hold both Volume up button and Power button at the same time to enter Recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, you can use Volume up/down to scroll through the options and Power button to confirm your selection. After entering Recovery mode, choose the language you use, select ‘Install update.zip to System One’ and confirm. Your device will begin updating automatically. Wait until the update is completed, choose ‘Reboot to System One’, and then your device should boot to the new version.
How to install Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S Fastboot update
Before any attempts to install the MIUI fastboot update on your Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S handset, take note of the following:
- A Windows PC/laptop will be needed for this to work.
- Make sure that your device is fully charged or has enough power for this process.
- All user data will be purged in this process, so make sure you back up your data and think twice before proceeding.
With that out of the way, here’s how to install MIUI fastboot update on your Mi Mix 2S.
- Download MIUI ROM Flashing Tool. If your device is locked, please click here to unlock it first. If your device is unlocked, please just follow the following tutorial to complete the ROM flashing.
- Download the latest fastboot update ROM from the table above.
- Turn off the device. Press the Volume down + Power buttons at the same time to enter Fastboot mode. Then connect the device to a Windows PC via a USB cable.
- Open your phone’s storage and double click on the downloaded ROM file to decompress it. Open the file folder for the decompressed ROM pack, and copy its path on the computer.
- Decompress the MIUI ROM flashing tool downloaded in Step 1, and double-click on it to install on your PC (if there is security warning, select ‘Run’). After installation is complete, open MiFlash.exe and paste into the address bar the ROM file folder path copied in the last step.
Click on the first button (circled out in yellow) to Refresh, and MiFlash should automatically recognize the device. Then click the second button to flash the ROM file to the device.
- Wait until the progress bar inside MiFlash turns fully green, which means the ROM has been successfully installed. Then your device should automatically boot to the new version.
Note that if the flashing guide could not help you, please download Mi PC Suite here. After Mi PC Suite is installed, make sure that your phone is in fastboot mode, connect it to the PC in question and select the correct ROM file to flash.
Have any questions? Let us know in your comments below.