Minecraft is considered as one of the most important games of this decades thanks to the amount of creativity it has to offer. You can recreate real-life structures or things from your imagination. Minecraft tries very hard to keep their players engaged by introducing new items with every major update. Keep track of these items can prove to be difficult. If you missed the Soul Soil update and want to mine it in Minecraft then simply follow the guide below.
What is soul soil?
Soul Soil is a renewable and stackable sand block in Minecraft that is found in the soul sand valley. It is naturally generated and will be generated in the same spot after it has been mined.
How to mine Soul Soil?
Things you will need
- A Shovel
Navigate your way to a soul sand valley biome in your map and find soul soil blocks. Once found, equip your shovel and start mining away using the Left Mouse Button. Your mining will drop soul soil blocks as you progress. Collect them and you will have mined soul soil.
How much time does it take to mine Soul Soil?
Depending on the tool that you are using, mining soul soil can take anywhere from 1s to 0.1s. Let’s take a look at the exact numbers.
- Default Shovel: 0.75s
- Wooden Shovel: 0.4s
- Stone Shovel: 0.2s
- Iron Shovel: 0.15s
- Diamond Shovel: 0.1s
- Netherite Shovel: 0.1s
- Golden Shovel: 0.1s
Can you mine Soul Soil using other tools?
Yes, unlike other blocks in Minecraft, Soul Soil can be mined using any tool. Mining times vary depending on the tool you are using but the shovel yields result in the least amount of time. Hence it is recommended that you use a shovel to mine Soul Soil if possible.
How does Soul Soil interact with other blocks?
Here is how soul soil reacts to other elements in Minecraft.
- Fire: Fire blocks placed on Soul Soil turn into Soul fire.
- Withers: Withers can be made out of 4 Soul Soil blocks.
- Basalt: Soul Soil can be used to produce Basalt as well. Simply put Lava on top of your Soul Soil and make sure there is a blue ice adjacent to it.
Can you stop mobs with Soul Soil?
Unfortunately no, Soul Soil is not effective against mobs in any formation or combination. You can, however, use Soul Sand instead which tends to slow them down.
Can you use Soul Soil for crafting?
Yes, you can craft Soul Campfire and Soul Torch with the help of Soul Soil. Let’s take a look at it.
Make Soul Campfire:
- Ingredients Needed: Stick, Soul Soil, and a Log or a Stem or a Striped Log, or Wood or Striped Wood.
- Recipe: 3 Wood Blocks at the bottom + 1 Soul Soil in the middle on top + 3 Sticks on top.
Make Soul Torch:
- Ingredients Needed: Coal or Charcoal, Stick, and Soul Soil
- Recipe: Charcoal, Stick & Soul Soil stacked in the middle column.
We hope this guide helped you easily mine Soul Soil in Minecraft. If you have any more questions for us, feel free to reach out using the comments section below.