Android Nougat 7.0 update for the Nexus 5X is around the corner and will release anytime now. The update will be largely based on the Android N developer preview releases, but expect a few surprises coming along with the public and final release of Android Nougat.
Rumor has it that Nexus 5X and 6P will be receiving the Android 7.0 Nougat update by 22nd August, which, at the time of this writing, is only few days away. If you’re a pro user waiting impatiently for the Nexus 5X Android Nougat update, you might want to prepare yourself for the upcoming update.
Rooting Android N developer preview release has been easy so far with the latest version of either SuperSU OR systemless root by Magisk. However, the final release of Android 7.0 Nougat could shuffle things a bit and might leave the current rooting methods ineffective.
In that case, we’ll find out only later if it’ll be possible to root Nexus 5X Nougat update. We have good hope that rooting methods for the preview release would work fine with the final release of Android 7.0 Nougat update. Below is link to root Nougat 7.0 with the latest version of SuperSU and TWRP recovery.[ecko_fullpage_image][/ecko_fullpage_image]
How to Root Nexus 5X on Nougat 7.0 NRD90M/R/S
- Download TWRP recovery 3.0.2-2 from the link above and install it on your Nexus 5X via Fastboot.
└ For help installing TWRP, follow our detailed guide → How to Install TWRP recovery via Fastboot.
- Download and transfer SuperSU zip file from the download link above to your Nexus 5X.
- Boot your Nexus 5X into TWRP recovery.
- Install/flash SuperSU zip using Install menu on TWRP.
- Once SuperSU zip is flashed successfully, you’ll get Reboot system option, select it.
- Before rebooting, if TWRP asks you to install SuperSU, make sure you select “Do NOT install SuperSU”.
That’s all. To verify root access on your Nexus 5X running Android Nougat 7.0 NRD90M/R/S build, download/install any root checker app from the Play Store.
How to Disable Force Encryption and dm-verity Check on Nexus 5X running on Nougat
Once your Nexus 5X is rooted following the steps above, you can take a Titanium Backup of your Apps with data and transfer it to the PC (or cloud) so that you can format your device to disable forced encryption.
Note: All your device data will be wiped. Backup all important files on your device before proceeding with the steps below.
- Boot your Nexus 5X into recovery mode.
- Select Wipe from TWRP main menu.
- Select Format Data, then type yes and hit the Go button on keyboard.
└ This will disable forced encryption on your Nexus 5X running Nougat.
- Reboot into recovery to access /data folder from TWRP. Select Reboot from TWRP main menu » then select Recovery option to reboot recovery.
- Since formatting data will also remove root access. You need to flash SuperSU zip again to get root. Simply connect your device to PC while in TWRP recovery, transfer the SuperSU zip you downloaded before to your device’s storage and use TWRP’s install menu to flash the zip file.
- Reboot phone.
That’s all. Happy Androiding!