Asus has started rolling out an OTA update for the Zenfone 6, bringing a bunch of camera and system improvements to the 2019 flagship.
The update, carrying version number 16.1220.1906.167, is heavily focused on refining the phone’s already impressive camera.
The 180° rotatable camera is one of Zenfone 6’s unique features, and this update aims to stabilize the operation even further. The Retract camera button has been moved to the first page of the quick settings, making it more accessible.
The electronic image stabilization (EIS) has been optimized for improved video recording. The Supernight mode now has improved noise-reduction and color reproduction. And finally, the flip mechanism has been fixed in Panorama Mode.
Coming to system optimizations, power consumption has been more optimized, call quality has been improved, and overall stability should see a noticeable bump.
Here’s the complete changelog:
- Improved Camera Rotation Stability.
- Add Mobile Manager & Cleanup Launcher Shortcut.
- Optimized Camera Quality–EIS Optimized for video recording.
- Optimized Camera Quality–Optimized supernight mode texture and noise reducing.
- Optimized Camera Quality–Removed the evening color cast in supernight mode.
- Optimized Camera Quality–Fixed the flip mechanism on panorama mode.
- General system & app stability improved.
- Increased touch sound on/off toggle.
- Optimized power consumption.
- Optimized Translation Strings.
- Rearranged the position of “Retract camera” to 1st page at quick settings.
- Improved Call Quality.