With the launch of the Zenfone 6, Asus ventured into the bezel-less display game. The phone not only came with flagship specs but also rocked a motorized 180-degree flip-up camera that helped extend the screen-to-body ratio to 92%. The Taiwanese manufacturer has now started pushing an update to Android 10 to the Zenfone 6 (Asus 6Z in India).
The announcement comes just days after some units of Zenfone 6 in the US, and India started receiving the update. The Android 10 update gives you new features like Dark mode, improved Gestures Navigation, better Sharing Menu, Live Caption, Bubbles, better Permissions management, Accent Colors and Themes, and more.
— ASUS (@ASUS) November 15, 2019
How to install Android 10 update automatically
This guide will help you get Android 10 on your Zenfone 6.
- Open Settings.
- Head over to About > System update.
- Click on Check update.
- Download the latest update and restart your phone.
How to install Android 10 update manually
In case you can’t access the Android 10 update automatically, use this method to install the latest software on your Zenfone 6.
- Download the firmware file from here. (Latest version WW_17.1810.1910.68 for EU/IN/WW)
- The zip file is signed and ready for use, so do not extract it.
- Copy the zip file to the root directory of the SD card. (Don’t create a separate folder in the SD card, copy as is)
- Switch off your device, you will now switch the device on again in Recovery mode.
- Hold the Volume down + Power button simultaneously.
- Once your phone boots again, it will be in Recovery mode.
- Move the highlight to the SD card option using volume buttons.
- Press the Power button to confirm the selection of the option.
- Select the update file from the SD card.
- The update will be installed and you’ll be back at the home screen of Recovery mode.
- Select Reboot system now
Have you received the Android 10 update on your Zenfone 6? Do let us know in the comments.