OnePlus is rolling out new software updates for its OnePlus 5 and 5T smartphones. Dubbed Open Beta 35 for OnePlus 5, and Open Beta 33 for the OnePlus 5T, the updates bring Zen Mode feature that was missing for some time now on the devices, while also improving the Weather and Phone apps.
The update is quite similar to the latest Open Beta updates that rolled out for the OnePlus 6 and 6T yesterday as far as the changes to the Weather and Phone apps go, but it misses out on the improvements to the Screen Recorder feature — OnePlus will probably add this in the next update for 5 and 5T.
Here’s the full changelog for latest Open Beta update.
- General bug fixes and stability improvements
- Improved scrolling experience for switching between pages
- Weather cards for multiple cities can now be rearranged or deleted by tapping and holding on them
- Optimized user experience by allowing you to use this app while app permission to access GPS location is disabled
- Improved animation effects when switching between pages
- Improved experience with searching for contacts
- Optimized Quick Responses for declined calls and supported editing Quick Responses
- Added Zen Mode helping you keep away from the screen and back to life for 20 minute
Have you received the Open Beta 35/33 on your OnePlus 5/5T? How the update is treating you?