We already know that the LG Optimus G is headed towards Canada, and that Bell, Rogers and Telus are definitely going to be launching it. Well, it looks like the FCC has cleared two Optimus G variants model numbered LG-E971 and LG-E973, and based on the frequency bands applied for, and the model numbering, it is confirmed that these are indeed Canada bound.
Which two specific carriers out of the Big Three are going to receive these handsets is not known at this point, but I guess we’ll know soon enough. Rogers has already confirmed a release date of early November, so one of the two approved models could well be a Rogers Optimus G. And if we were to take a wild guess at the model number for third carrier – I would put my money on it being LG-E972.
Here is a quick peek at the Optimus G specs:
- 1.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor
- 2GB RAM
- 4.7 inches HD (1280 × 720) True HD IPS+ display
- 8 megapixel camera, 1.3 megapixel front camera
- 16GB internal storage, microSD cards up to 64GB
- Wi-Fi, HSPA 42 mbps, LTE, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0
- 2100mAh battery
- Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
Its just a couple of more weeks left for early November, and there is going to be a lot of exciting stuff happening between now and then, including the Google event on October 29th. So stay tuned for more.