The HTC One X has seen quite a few custom ROMs already ever since its release just a week ago. Of course, with the great developers in the custom Android development community, it’s always only a matter of time before a new device, specially one as popular as the One X, starts getting custom ROMs and hacks.
Android Revolution HD is a custom ROM for the HTC One X that aims for high quality, stability and performance, along with providing great support. The ROM provides some very useful features such as full GPU UI acceleration (taking advantage of the Tegra 3 chip inside), improved I/O performance, excellent battery life, and more.
Let’s take a look at how you can install Android Revolution HD ROM on your HTC One X.
This ROM and the guide below are applicable only for HTC One X. DO NOT try this on any other device.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device, we won’t be held liable.
- Developer → mike1986.
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
- Sufficiently charged battery, at least 50% is recommended.
How to Install Android Revolution HD ROM on HTC One X
- Important! Make sure your phone’s bootloader is unlocked. You can officially unlock the bootloader on your phone → here.
- Install ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery on your One X by following the guide → here.
- Download the latest version of the ROM from the official development page.
- Transfer the downloaded zip file to the SD card on your HTC One X.
- Turn off your phone, then boot into CWM recovery. To do this, boot into the bootloader mode first by holding the Volume Down button and then pressing Power key. Then, using the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select, select Recovery to enter CWM recovery. To navigate touch CWM recovery, just slide your finger up and down on the screen.
- Perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this rom. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore –> On the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Perform a wipe:
- Select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm. Wait a while till the data wipe is complete.
- Select wipe cache then select Yes on next screen to confirm.
- Select advanced, and then select wipe dalvik cache » Yes – wipe dalvik. Then go back to the main recovery menu.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the ROM file on the sdcard and select it.
- Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM will start installing.
- After the installation is complete, select Go Back then select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
- The first boot will take some time, up to 10 minutes, so wait patiently for the ROM to boot up. Don’t pull the battery.
The Android Revolution HD ROM is now installed and running on your HTC One X. Visit the original development page for more info and to get the latest updates on the ROM. Share your thoughts on the ROM in the comments.