Ever tried calling someone through your smartphone only to realize you’ve got a bunch of duplicate contact numbers stored on your device? Well, most users indeed have multiple duplicate contacts saved on their smartphones which makes it highly inconvenient to search for a certain contact number and execute a call.
You may sit and spend your time trying to manually delete duplicate contacts but time is precious. Right? Hence, we’ve brought a super easy and time-saving method to get rid of all the duplicate contacts from your Android device.
So without wasting much time, let’s check out how to remove all identical contacts from your device and clear the clutter from your contacts list.
Duplicate Contacts Fixer and Remover
This super cool application enables you to easily find and delete duplicate contacts. And the best part is that the whole process can be done between 2-3 minutes itself.
So let’s just hop right into the guide.
- Download and install the Duplicate Contact Fixer application.
- Launch the application and grant the necessary permissions especially to access the contacts on the device.
- The app would ask you to create a backup of contacts. Tap on ok and create the backup of the contacts on the device.
- You would then see a list of applications and accounts which store contacts along with the number of contacts stored within the app or account.
- Simply tap on each item from the list one by one and follow the steps below.
- Tap on the Find Duplicates button which should be highlighted in blue at the bottom of the screen.
- The app would now scan for any identical contact numbers on the device and will display the duplicate contacts (if any) in no time.
- Now tap on the Delete duplicates button which would be at the bottom of the screen highlighted in blue.
- You would now see a pop-up window asking to confirm the action. Tap on Yes and wait for a couple of seconds for the identical contacts to be deleted.
That’s it! All duplicate contacts would be deleted within a matter of minutes. If in case you delete any important contact accidentally, you can recover it from the backup you create in the initial step.