The Asus Zenfone 6 is an undeniably great phone. This Snapdragon 855 powered, mid-range phone comes with an interesting 48MP flip camera that can perform some cool tricks to take photos.
Asus sent the first firmware update for this phone that enables issues ranging from night mode for taking selfies to bug fixes that improve system stability, this update will take out the small kinks that affect your smartphone experience and improve the performance of the Asus Zenfone 6 in general. If you’re facing issues with getting this update, you’ve come to the right place. This guide will help you get that update without too much of a struggle.
- Follow this path to get the file: Settings → About → System update → Check update
- Download the latest update and restart your phone.
While this is the fastest and safest method to get the update, many users are unable to get this update through the phone’s Settings. If you really want this update and don’t want to wait for Asus to release a compatible update, you will need to perform a manual update. Ensure that you have an SD card that is compatible with the Asus Zenfone 6 and follow this guide:
How to install updates manually
- Download the firmware file from here. (Version WW-16.1210.1904.116)
- The zip file is signed and ready to for use, so do not extract it.
- Copy the zip file to the root directory of the SD card. (Don’t create a separate folder in the SD card, copy as is)
- Switch off your device, you will now switch the device on again in Recovery mode.
- Hold the Volume down + Power button simultaneously.
- Once your phone boots again, it will be in Recovery mode.
- Move the highlight to SD card option using volume buttons.
- Press the Power button to confirm the selection of the option.
- Select the update file from the SD card.
- The update will be installed and you’ll be back at the home screen of Recovery mode.
- Select Reboot system now.
Your phone will restart normally and you can check if your phone has installed the update. Follow this path to confirm: Settings → About → Software Information → Build number.
How has your Asus Zenfone 6 experience been so far? Do let us know in the comments!