If you have an Android device that is bootloader unlockable and have a custom recovery for itself, then congratulations! Your device is eligible for the world’s easiest method to get root access.
SuperSU is a superuser manager app by developer Chainfire, which manages root permissions on your device once it’s rooted. And thankfully, Chainfire has also created a recovery flashable zip file for SuperSU which contains the SuperSU app and the binaries required to get root access. What this means is you can flash the SuperSU zip via a custom recovery and get root access on any Android device.
Grab the latest SuperSU file from the link below and follow the instructions on how to flash it using TWRP recovery.
→ Download SuperSU v2.82 SR5 (.zip)
How to Flash SuperSU zip via TWRP Recovery
- Download and transfer the SuperSU zip file from the download link above to your device’s storage.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery.
- Tap on Install and select the SuperSU zip file that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of screen to begin the flashing process.
- Once SuperSU is flashed, you’ll get Reboot System option, select it.
Congratulations! Your device should be rooted now. Look for the SuperSU app in app drawer.
To verify root access, you can download this Root Checker app from Play Store.