VoLTE (Voice over long term evolution) and VoWifi (Voice over Wifi) are standard wireless communication that allow your phone to access higher bandwidth network for high-quality calls. They ensure crisp voice quality and enhanced signal for better communication because they continue using 4G network instead of switching to 3G/2G during calls. These technologies are also very smart. Carriers have ensured that these settings can distinguish between a voice call and internet data usage so you’re phone bills will be significantly reduced as well.
Devices have to be certified to enjoy by network operators to access VoLTE and VoWifi as an option. Which is probably why the Samsung and Huawei counterparts are using this technology where OnePlus 7 Pro users are stuck using 3G data and the device’s Wifi. Unfortunately, OnePlus phones, in general, don’t come with this technology from the box. This support is not enabled by carriers in this phone despite the fact that these phones are available with many of them.
- Buy ZenFone 6 over OnePlus 7 Pro?
- Get Google Now Feed on OnePlus 7 Pro
- Get Google camera mod on OnePlus 7 Pro (gcam)
Till OnePlus officially does something about this issue like getting its carrier partners to integrate this feature and certify the phones, there is one slightly tedious option available to get VoLTE and VoWifi on your OnePlus 7 Pro.
Steps to enable VoLTE and VoWifi on OnePlus 7 Pro
Note: OnePlus has kept the setting hidden, and they may have done that for a reason. Enabling this with a trick is possible clearly using OnePlus Log Kit app, but all the settings herein are not stable, meaning you there is a chance that you may experience performance issues because of them.
Anyway, here is how to enable VoLTE and VoWiFi settings on OnePlus 7 Pro.
- Download the OnePlus Log Kit app’s APK from > here.
- Install the OnePlus Log Kit app using its APK file. (Related: How to install APK files)
- After installing the Log Kit app, open the dialer app.
- Dial *#800# to get a secret menu.
- Tap on ENTER when you see the warning pop-up. (Tread cautiously from here, a wrong move can damage your phone beyond repair.)
- Tap on the OnePlus Logkit option at the top.
- Scroll down and select the Function switch.
- Tap on VoLTE Switch option and then tap on cancel button.
- Tap on VoWiFi switch option and then tap on the reboot button.
- The device will restart and when it’s back, you will have the VoLTE and VoWiFi enabled.
Where to access VoLTE and VoWiFi settings?
VoLTE and VoWIFi will be available in the enhanced communication section of your OnePlus 7 Pro’s network settings.
Go to: Settings > Wi-Fi & internet > SIM & network.
Do let us know in the comments if you try this method and how it worked out for your OnePlus 7 Pro.