I’ve been using Android since 2010, and I’ve flashed numerous devices with numerous custom ROMs and after all the fun navigating though those ROMs, when I wanted to go back to stock, I’ve mostly used a pre-rooted recovery flashable stock ROM. It has always been the most peaceful thing in between all the custom third-party stuff that I flash.
The Sprint Galaxy G920S has just scored itself a pre-rooted stock ROM for its most recent update, G920PVPU2BOFE, which comes with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Thanks to pwnyourace for bringing this to us.
The ROM uses datajosh’s kernel at its heart for root access with init.d support, plus busybox is pre-installed too. Everything else on the ROM is untouched and stock.
To install this Android 5.1.1 stock ROM for your Sprint S6, all you need is TWRP recovery, which you can find over here. Once you’ve TWRP installed on your device, just download the ROM from the link below and flash it from the recovery mode along with a factory reset.[icon name=”download” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download Sprint S6 5.1.1 OFE Stock ROM
How to Install/Flash 5.1.1 Stock Rom using TWRP Recovery
- Download and transfer the ROMs .zip file from the link above to your Sprint S6.
- Boot into recovery mode:
- Switch off your phone.
- Press and hold “Volume Up + Home + Power” button together and as soon as you see the Galaxy S6 logo on screen, release the three buttons all together. Your phone will boot into recovery mode.
- Once in recovery, do a factory reset / wipe first.
- After factory reset, select and install the ROMs .zip file that we transferred to your phone in Step 1 above.
- Once ROM is successfully flashed, reboot your Sprint S6.