If there’s one thing that has always troubled Smartphone users, then it’s the overheating issue. Even the most premium to the cheapest budget devices out there, each one has the overheating problem, and Xperia M4 Aqua is no different.
What causes overheating is the excessive use of processing power. This could happen due to a poorly coded app or an processor intensive game/app. There are no official ways to fix this, but if you’ve root access, you can modify the way CPU works to avoid overheating.
By setting CPU to work low profile, you’ll avoid the issue of overheating, but this will come at the cost of losing a bit of performance. You wouldn’t notice this for everyday use, but processor intensive tasks might do a little slow. But hey! You’ll have a colder phone.
To fix Xperia M4 Aqua overheating issue, grab the Overheating Control package from the download link below and follow the instructions to apply it your device.
[icon name=”download” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download Xperia M4 Aqua Overheating Control
Note: Root access is required.
- Download and unzip the E23XX_OverHeating_Control.zip from the link above.
- You’ll get three types of packages inside:
- 26.1.A.2.167_Original: This is stock CPU settings for the 26.1.A.2.167 firmware. Use this when you want to revert back to default CPU setting.
- Performance friendly: This is for high performing CPU. This will get your CPU overheated but will give the best performance out of it.
- Minimum overheating: This is what you want to avoid overheating.
- Install a file manager app with root access, we recommend the free ES File Explorer app from Play Store.
- To fix overheating, copy the two files from MinimalOverheating package and paste them to /system/etc/ directory.
└ The two files are namely thermal-engine-8936.conf and thermal-engine-8939.conf.
- Reboot device.
That’s it. Once you’ve applied the MinimalOverheating package on your Xperia M4 Aqua, it will no longer overheat but only get slightly warmer.