In what can be called a year of shock, a two-year-old game has become one of the most popular titles of 2020. Yes, we’re talking about the multiplayer cross-platform game – Among Us which is continuing to peak the charts with over 110,000 players engaged every hour.
While Android and iOS users are blessed with touch controls, if you’re playing the Among Us on your PC, you need to know the keyboard controls that you can use to navigate and perform different actions within the game. We’ve compiled a list of actions and controls that you can put to use to play Among Us on your PC.
Among Us actions and keys for different controls
Here’s a list of actions that you can perform when playing Among Us:
- Moving your character: The basic action you perform on any game is navigating your character around the map. You can move your character across rooms and hallways using the WASD keys on your keyboard. If you’re not familiar with this gamer-centric set of keys, you can rest assured and use the Arrow keys on your keyboard as well for movement purposes.
- Interact with / Use something: To interact with an object or perform an action with a focused object, you can use the ‘E’ key on your keyboard as well as the Left mouse click, if you have also connected a mouse to play the game. Some users have also mentioned that you can use the Space key to do the same functionality on Among Us.
- Escape a task: After you are done interacting with an object, you can come out of focus out of the task by pressing the ESC key on your keyboard. Only after you escape a task, can you interact with another or move to some other point on the map.
- Toggle Map View: At any time during the meeting, you can see the map on your screen by pressing the TAB key. To disable the map, you press the same TAB key again.
- Switch between Fullscreen: You can switch between windowed and fullscreen mode at any time by pressing these two keys at once – ALT and Enter.
- Report a body: Press the R key on your keyboard to report a dead body within the game.
- Perform a kill: To kill an imposter on Among Us, you will have to press the Q key on your keyboard.
Full list of Keyboard controls to play Among Us
The following is a table of keyboard controls you can use to perform different actions inside Among Us:
|Primary Key||Secondary Key||Key Action|
|W+A+S+D||Arrow Keys||Character movement|
|E||Left mouse click/Space||Using an object|
|R||Report a body|
|ESC||Escape a focused task|
|TAB||Toggle Map View|
|ALT + Enter||Toggle Fullscreen|
Can you play Among Us using a controller?
Among Us doesn’t natively support controllers if you install it via Steam. However, controller support is available if you don’t mind running the game on PC with BlueStacks.
If played with Bluestacks emulator, you can use the following controllers (although not limited to these) to play Among Us on your PC:
- Sony PlayStation 4 Dualshock controllers
- Microsoft Xbox One controllers
- Redgear controllers
- Logitech gamepads
- PDP controllers
- and many more compatible devices
To set up a gamepad to play Among Us, checkout this BlueStacks support page.
If you have any more doubts regarding ways to control Among Us using a keyboard, hit us in the comments section down below.