YU televentures have launched a handful of smartphones so far and the YU Yureka is one of them, which entered the market a couple of years back. Recently, the company also updated this with a new set of specs and called it “YU Yureka Black.”
Coming back to the previously launched Yureka, it was launched with the CyanogenOS. However, now, the company has stopped providing any software support for the same. Hence, if you own this smartphone, then you are probably stuck with a very old version of Android.
Fortunately for all of you, LineageOS 15 is now available for YU Yureka and being based on Android 8.0, it brings all the new Oreo features to the table. You get all news Settings app, Autofill, picture-in-picture, etc. features that are most loved about Oreo.
That said, the LineageOS 15 is the only way with which you will be able to get a taste of the new Oreo update on YU Yureka as YU won’t be releasing it for the device. Do make a note that this is not an official release and hence users are advised that this build may have some bugs.
Here’s a LineageOS 15 device list that shows you all Android phones and tablets we expect LineageOS 15 to be released for, sooner or later.
YU Yureka LineageOS 15 ROM [Android 8.0 Oreo]
Compatibility and Warning
This ROM is only compatible with YU Yureka (codename: tomato). Do not try this on any other device.
Warning: Do not try anything given on this page if you are not entirely aware of what you are doing. In case any damage occurs, we won’t be held responsible.
Note: Check out the development page here at XDA for latest download link and changelog. (To be updated with a link when available.)
How to Install the LineageOS 15 on YU Yureka
- Download and transfer the Lineage OS ROM zip file and Gapps file that you downloaded above to your Yureka.
- Boot your smartphone into TWRP recovery.
- Select Wipe from TWRP main menu and do a Swipe to Factory Reset on the bottom of the screen. [Clean install is recommended, wipe everything except internal storage.]
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the Lineage OS .zip file that you transferred to your Yureka in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of the screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This may take some time.
- Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see Wipe cache/dalvik option, select it and then do Swipe to wipe on bottom of screen.
- Now, install the Gapps file the same way you installed the ROM file.
- After flashing both Lineage OS and Gapps, reboot your smartphone.