Installing Xposed framework is the greatest thing you could do on your rooted Android device. However, with each new Android update, it gets different to install Xposed framework.
LG G3 users who installed the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update to their devices recently would relate to this pretty easy as previously working Xposed framework couldn’t be installed on the device after the Marshmallow update.
Thanks to xpirt over at xda, you can now install Xposed on your LG G3 running on Marshmallow update (30B) with the help of a small patch he created to add support for Xposed to G3 Marshmallow firmware.
[icon name=”download” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download Xposed Patch for G3 Marshmallow (.zip)
[icon name=”download” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download Xposed v79 SDK 23 ARM (.zip)
[icon name=”download” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download Xposed Installer (.apk)
Note: To get this working, make sure you’ve a freshly flashed 30B firmware on your LG G3. If not, you’ll have to factory reset before flashing the patch via recovery.
- Download and transfer all files provided above to your LG G3.
- Boot into TWRP recovery and do a factory reset.
└ This is because we need a freshly installed 30B firmware.
- From TWRP Install menu, flash the XposedSupport_D855-30b_xpirt.zip file that we transferred to device in Step 1 above.
- Reboot device to system and let it boot completely.
- Now boot back into TWRP recovery and flash the Xposed framework file (xposed-v79-sdk23-arm.zip) from recovery.
- Reboot device and install the Xposed Installer .apk file.
That’s it. Enjoy Xposed on your LG G3 running Marshmallow 30B update. Cheers!