Today Xiaomi unveiled its third flagship from its innovative Mi Mix series. And as was the case with the previous iterations, the Mi Mix 3 boasts a breath-taking design.
Xiaomi wanted to show the world how a truly bezel-less smartphone is done, so it unveiled the Mi Mix 3 which rocks razor-thin bezels all around. How did the company achieve a 93.4% screen-to-body ratio, you might be thinking? Well, by hiding the front-facing cameras (and other sensors) on a sliding mechanism – no notch involved.
But unlike the slider on the Oppo Find X, the Mix 3’s isn’t powered by motors. Instead, it’s magnetic, so you don’t have to worry it will get damaged with continued use. The company says it has tested it more than 300,000 to gauge its endurance.
- Best Xiaomi phones to buy in 2018
- Xiaomi Android 9 Pie update
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S Pie update
- How to install MIUI 10 update
Xiaomi has used the slider approach on the Mi Mix 3 so users will have to push the screen down to reveal the camera. The same gesture can be employed for other things too, like answering a phone or opening an app. What’s more, the company says you can assign five different sounds to the sliding action.
The phone is built from a 7000-series aluminum alloy and comes in three stunning color options of Jade Green, Sapphire Blue and Onyx Black. A special edition “Forbidden City Palace Museum” will also be made available and will ship out with a whopping 10GB of RAM on board.
Speaking of which, you’re probably curious about the specs.
- 6.39-inch AMOLED display with FHD+ resolution and Always-on display function
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor
- 6GB/8GB/10GB of RAM
- 128GB/256GB of storage
- Main dual 12MP+12MP telephoto, 2x zoom cameras
- Selfie dual 24MP+2MP cameras
- 3,200 mAh battery with 10W wireless charging, fast charging tech
- Android 9 Pie with MIUI 10 on board
The Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 will also get a 5G version, but that’s coming in “early 2019”.
Price and availability
The Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 is already available for pre-order as follows:
- 6GB of RAM + 128GB storage – 3,299 yuan (or INR 34,796 or $475)
- 8GB of RAM + 128GB storage – 3,599 yan (or INR 37,960 or $515)
- 8GB of RAM + 256GB storage – 3,999 yuan (or INR 42,179 or $575)
- 10GB of RAM + 256GB storage – 4,999 yuan (or INR 52,726 or $720)
Actual sales are set to start on November 1. Also, note that ordering one of the three first variants will also get you a 10W wireless charger free of charge, although we don’t know whether this offer will apply outside China.