Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus was launched along with the younger brother Mi 5s and both the devices entered the market with a solid specs sheet and a familiar design. Both of these devices were well received in the market and we hope the company will keep them updated for a decent amount of time with a proper software support.
Talking about the updates, as of now, Xiaomi has not confirmed about any of their smartphones receiving the Android Oreo update. However, considering the fact that the company is currently rolling out MIUI 9 update which is based on Android 7.0 Nougat, we believe that the new Oreo update is going to take a while and the Mi 5s Plus is also no exception in this case.
Meanwhile, if you are curious to install a third party custom ROM and enjoy the stock Android UI, then the LineageOS is your best bet. In fact, the LineageOS 15.0 is also available for both the Mi 5s as well as the Mi 5s Plus. We have already covered a detailed guide to help you install the LineageOS 15.0 on Mi 5s.
As mentioned earlier, the LineageOS 15.0 is based on Android 8.0 OS and it brings all the new features to the table, allowing the users to experience them without having to wait for an official update from the manufacturer.
Do make a note that this is not an official update and hence be ready to face a few bugs.
Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus LineageOS 15.0 ROM [Android 8.0 Oreo]
Compatibility and Warning
This ROM is only compatible with Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus (codename natrium). Do not try this on any other device as you may end up bricking it.
Warning: Do not try anything given on this page if you are not completely aware of what you are doing. In case any damage occurs, we won’t be held responsible.
How to Install the LineageOS 15.0 on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus
- Download and transfer the Lineage OS ROM zip file and Gapps file that you downloaded above to your Mi 5s Plus.
- Boot your smartphone into TWRP recovery.
- Select Wipe from TWRP main menu and do a Swipe to Factory Reset on the bottom of the screen. [Clean install is recommended, wipe everything except internal storage.]
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the Lineage OS .zip file that you transferred to your Mi 5s Plus in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of the screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This may take some time.
- Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see Wipe cache/dalvik option, select it and then do Swipe to wipe on bottom of screen.
- Now, install the Gapps file the same way you installed the ROM file.
- After flashing both Lineage OS and Gapps, reboot your smartphone.
Also Read: MIUI 9 for Mi 5s Plus