Facebook doesn’t notify you if someone unfriends you, which is understandable as one’s privacy must be respected. But sometimes, you want to figure it out yourself if someone has unfriended you, even if you can see posts from them on your timeline. In this post, we’ll explain all the ways you can check who may have unfriended you on Facebook.
How to see who unfriended you on Facebook [3 methods]
While Facebook doesn’t exactly notify you when someone removes you from their Friends list, there are still a few ways you can determine who may have unfriended you on the platform. Here are a few ways you can check who may have unfriended you on Facebook.
Method 1: Check if posts from someone are marked for ‘Friends’
When someone removes you as a friend from their profile, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you won’t see their future posts. All their public posts will be available for you to view, even on your feed when a mutual friend shares their post. What you will no longer see is their friend-specific posts that will be limited to their friends.
- If you see a people icon under someone’s name inside a post, then it means that you’re viewing this person’s private posts.
- If you see a globe icon on a post instead, you should know that this post is visible to everyone on Facebook. If every post that you can see from someone is their public post only, then it could mean that this person’s private posts are not visible to you, and thus, you’re not on their Friends list. A thing to note here is that in case they have shared only public posts recently, this theory would fail.
Method 2: Check the person’s Facebook profile
If you think someone you know has unfriended you, the easiest way to see if they have taken this action is by visiting their Facebook profile.
- Open your friend’s Facebook profile and check if you see the Friends label appear under your friend’s name. If yes, then you’re still present in this person’s Friends list.
- If you see an Add Friend button instead, it means this person may have unfriended you on Facebook.
- Depending on how they upload, you can still see their public posts and send them a friend request again to see if they accept it.
Method 3: Check if the person is visible inside your Facebook Friends List
Another easy way to find out if someone you know has unfriended you on Facebook is by checking your Friends list on the platform.
- Open your profile page on Facebook and click on the Friends tab. Alternatively, you can get here by going to this link.
- Inside your Friends List, type the name of the person you want to search for in the search box.
- If this person appears inside the search results, it means you’re still friends with them. If not, you should see the “No friends to show” message appear inside the search results.
Frequently asked questions
Can you find who unfriended you on Facebook?
Although Facebook has no built-in option for finding out which of your contacts unfriended you, there are numerous other ways to find that out from within the app by following the methods we’ve mentioned above.
How can I see when someone unfriends me on Facebook?
When someone unfriends you on Facebook, you can randomly find that person when you stop receiving any notifications on their updates.
Is there any official way of checking who unfriended me?
There is one official way that you can follow to check who unfriended you. Go to your Facebook Profile Page and open your Friends list. Go through the list or type the name of that contact you suspect might have unfriended you in the box given. You will soon find them out. FYI, Facebook doesn’t notify or give you a list of people who unfriended you.
Does Facebook send notifications when someone unfriends me?
No. Facebook hasn’t yet come up with any such provision where it notifies you in case you are accidentally or intentionally unfriended or blocked by someone on the platform.
I have accidentally unfriended someone on Facebook. Can I find who it was?
No, if you removed a single or bunch of people from your Facebook Friends list, some of them accidentally, there’s no way to know whom you unfriended. You can visit the profiles of people you fear you may have unfriended unintentionally and if you see an option to send a friend request, then it means you may have unfriended them (if they were not your friends).
Is there any app to find who unfriended me on Facebook?
While many apps claim to help you find who unfriended you on Facebook, none of them work. We advise against installing third-party apps that claim to do this as they may be a threat to your Facebook user account.
How can I check who unfriended me on Facebook using my PC?
You can check someone’s post visibility and their profile page to see if they’re your friend on Facebook.
Is there any option in the Facebook Android app that shows the people who unfriended me?
No. Facebook has no option, where it directly shows the people who have unfriended you.
What is the best way to find who unfriended me on Facebook?
The best way to find who unfriended you on Facebook is by searching your Friends list on the platform.
Can people see who unfriended them on Facebook?
Though not through any direct notification, people can check at any time to find out who unfriended them on Facebook. Just a thorough look through the Friends list can easily give an idea.
Can I unfriend someone without them knowing?
When you unfriend someone on Facebook, they don’t get any notification of the same, and thus, they can’t know this automatically. But if they search through their Friends list, they can easily find out that you may have unfriended them if they don’t find you there.
- 6 Ways To See Who Is Following ‘Me’ On Facebook
- How To Find Drafts on the Facebook App
- What Does The Green Dot Mean on Facebook or Messenger?
- How to fix the ‘Error performing query’ Facebook issue
- How to Poke On Facebook