Samsung Galaxy A9 was unveiled around a month ago and it garnered a lot of press after becoming the world’s first ever phone to sport a quad-camera setup at the rear. Today, a few details about its release in India have come out, and it’s worth talking about.
According to the new reports, the Galaxy A9 phone is scheduled to hit the Indian shores in November itself. While the price in Europe starts at 599 Euros (INR 51,000 approx), it is expected to be available in India at a price of INR 39,000 onwards. The colors that’ll be made available include Caviar Black, Lemonade Blue, and Bubblegum Pink.
We’ve been observing that Samsung is slowly elevating its mid-range Galaxy A series after they announced the Galaxy A7 with a tri rear camera setup and the Galaxy A9 phone further confirms Samsung’s intentions.
FYI, Samsung is under the process of giving its portfolio a complete revamp, with the J and On series being bid farewell, to be replaced by M series — Galaxy M20, M30, and M50 are in the pipeline — and the A series scoring new handsets like Galaxy A70 and Galaxy A90 with a newer version of the infinity displays.
Galaxy A9 2018 specs
- 6.3-inch 18.5:9 FHD+ (2220 x 1080) Super AMOLED display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor
- 6GB or 8GB RAM
- 128GB expandable storage, up to 512GB
- Rear Camera – 24MP (standard lens) + 10MP (wide-angle lens) + (8MP ultrawide lens) + 5MP (depth lens)
- 24MP front camera
- 3,800mAh battery
- Android 8.0 Oreo with Samsunf Experience 9.0
- Extras: Bluetooth 5.0, USB-C, 3.5mm audio jack, Rear-mounted FPS, Facial Recognition, Samsung Pay, Dual-SIM, NFC, Fast battery charging, etc.