The Vodafone Smart Prime 6, Prime 7 and Ultra 6 might not be your first choice when you go by the hardware capabilities of these devices, but they are among some of the best cheap Android phones to purchase in the UK.
Rooting Vodafone Smart series smartphones is a piece of cake with the Kingroot app. However, these device ship with write protection, and you cannot simply disable write protection from the settings menu, instead you need to boot into recovery mode, and disable write protection from there.
We’ll show you how the whole process about rooting Vodafone Smart series phones goes like. Let’s get started..
[icon name=”download” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download Kingroot (.apk)
How To Root Vodafone Smart Prime 6, Prime 7 and Ultra 6
- Switch off your phone.
- Press and hold Power + Volume UP buttons to boot into stock recovery.
└ Once in recovery mode, use Volume buttons to navigate up & down between options and Power button to select an option.
- Select language for recovery (if asked) then proceed to set write protect off:
- Select Write Protect Switch.
- Change it to Set write protect off.
└ A message will pop-up saying “Write protect is off after reboot”, choose cancel.
- Reboot phone.
- Download and install the Kingroot .apk file from the link above.
└ If you get a prompt to “Allow Google to regularly check device activity for security problems..”, make sure you DECLINE it.
- Once installed, open Kingroot app and press the “Start root” button to begin the rooting process.
- During the process you might repeated warnings by Google to check device activity, DECLINE it like you previously did in Step 1.
- If the process finishes successfully, then congratulations! You’re rooted.
└ To verify root access, download the root checker app Play Store.
That simple. Enjoy root access on your Vodafone Smart series phones.