Barring Google and Samsung, OnePlus has barely gotten late in terms of delivering updates to its smartphones, which is probably because the portfolio they’re accustomed to is lighter when compared to other OEMs in the market. As promised in September, the Chinese company is now pushing a stable build of Android 10-based OxygenOS 10 on the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T.
Android 10 on OnePlus 6 and 6T will come alongside the new full-screen navigation gestures present on Google’s latest mobile OS. There’s a new contextual display inside Ambient display settings which can now show personalised events, times and locations. Additional features include a new Game Space mode for better gaming, better location-based privacy permissions, a redesigned UI and an option to choose icon shapes inside Quick Settings.
Here’s a changelog of the OxygenOS 10 update based on Android 10 on the OnePlus 6 and 6T.
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full-Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings – Blocking settings)
The changelog doesn’t mention the security level of the device but XDA Developers declares that it has been upgraded to October 2019 Android Security from August 2019 security that was released two months ago.
Download links to the full ROM OTA is available below.
- OnePlus 6T Android 10 OxygenOS 10 OTA
- OnePlus 6 Android 10 OxygenOS 10 OTA (Not available yet)