OnePlus has started rolling out OxygenOS 9.0.16 and 9.0.8 for OnePlus 6T and OnePlus 6 respectively, bringing a host of features and improvements, including a reworked Fnatic mode and the August security patch.
OnePlus hasn’t been the most prompt when it comes to providing updates for the OnePlus 6-series devices. Users have been asking the Chinese OEM to get its priorities straight, arguing that the OnePlus 5 and 5T shouldn’t ideally get the update ahead of their successors.
The company seems to have answered their grievances, delivering sizeable updates for the phones, packing a bunch of goodies. Apart from introducing the August security patch and fixing general bugs, the updates optimize pocket mode, fixes a screen recorder bug, adds Quick reply in landscape mode, brings password settings for Hidden Space, introduces a new Fnatic mode, and more.
Here’s the complete changelog:
- Optimized pocket mode
- Fixed an issue with apps failing to respond
- Fixed an issue to unlock apps successfully using fingerprint when the screen recorder is turned on
- Added Quick reply in landscape mode (Settings – Utilities – Quick reply in landscape)
- Android security patch updated to 2019.08
- General bug fixes and stability improvements
- Added password settings for Hidden Space
- Gaming Mode
- Introduced brand new Fnatic mode for an immersive gaming experience, More surprises on the way
- Zen mode
- Added additional Zen mode features
- OnePlus Laboratory
- Added the DC dimming feature
- Support VoLTE/VoWiFi for Bouygues
As it’s an incremental OTA, it will only reach a small section of users today, with a wider rollout scheduled over the next few days.