OnePlus today released the Android 9 Pie update for the OnePlus 6. The update arrives as OxygenOS 9.0 and is already available as OTA.
As the updates roll out gradually to all user all over the world, many of you may not be receiving the OTA update notification for OxygenOS 9.0 already. But you know us, we love to share the download link with you to help the geek inside you to upgrade to the latest version right away.
So, here is the download link of the OnePlus 6 Android Pie update, and an instruction set on how to install the update.
Related: OnePlus Android 9 update roadmap
- OnePlus 6 Android 9 update (OxygenOS 9.0) | 1.49GB
Let’s see how to install the OxygenOS 9.0 update on your OnePlus 6 now to get the taste of Android 9 Pie.
How to install OnePlus 6 Android 9 Pie update (OxygenOS 9.0)
The update process is pretty simple. Here’s how you can download and install the stable Android 9 Pie update on OnePlus 6.
- Download the OxygenOS 9.0 update file from above. [File: OnePlus6Oxygen_22_OTA_025_all_1809150101_b798eda2dbb44e37.zip]
- Transfer the update file to your OnePlus 6.
- Open the Settings app on your OnePlus 6 to easily install the OxygenOS 9.0 update.
- Go to System updates, and then tap the icon in the top right, then select local upgrade.
- Tap on the Android 9 update file you transferred above.
- Tap on Immediately upgrade > System upgrade to 100%.
- Tap on the Reboot system now.
If you are on a custom ROM, then the above guidelines may not work for you.
For users of custom ROMs, or anyone who is not able to install the Android Pie update on their OnePlus 6 using the simple process above, take help of TWRP recovery.
Here’s how you can install the OnePlus 6 Android 9 update using TWRP:
- Install TWRP recovery on your OnePlus 6.
- Download the Android 9 Pie update file from above. [File: OnePlus6Oxygen_22_OTA_025_all_1809150101_b798eda2dbb44e37.zip]
- Transfer the update file and the TWRP’s zip file (from the link in step 1 above) to your OnePlus 6.
- Reboot to TWRP recovery.
- Power off your OnePlus 6 first.
- Press and hold Volume down and Power button together for 5 seconds to boot to recovery mode and access TWRP.
- Tap on Install button, and then select the Android 9 Pie OxygenOS 9.0 update file.
- Confirm on the next screen to begin the installation.
- That’s it. Once the process is done, you have Android 9 update installed on your OnePlus 6.
- When you reboot now, Android 9 will replace TWRP with stock recovery. If you want to keep TWRP, do the below, otherwise, tap on reboot system to restart the device. Here’s how to keep TWRP:
- Go to the home screen of TWRP recovery.
- Tap on Install button, and then select the TWRP zip file.
- Go back to the home screen of TWRP recovery.
- Tap on Reboot > Recovery to reboot into TWRP again.
- When back in TWRP, tap on Reboot > System to restart the device and keep TWRP.
- That’s it.
Do you need any help with installing Android 9 Pie update on OnePlus 6? Let us know via the comments section below.