A month ago, OnePlus started testing Android 9 Pie beta on the OnePlus 3 and 3T. The company followed the initial update with a second beta rollout earlier this month and as of this writing, the stable update to Pie is now rolling out.
OnePlus has just made this announcement via its official forums, confirming the third major OS upgrade for two phones released in 2016 running Android Marshmallow out of the box.
Both devices are receiving Pie as OxygenOS 9.0.2 and on top of the new dessert, OnePlus 3 and 3T users will get a new April 2019 security patch, a new DND mode, Gaming mode 3.0, a Phone Dialer that supports Google Duo, a Camera app that includes support for Google Lens, and so on.
Heres the full changelog:
- Updated system to Android 9 Pie
- Brand new UI for Android Pie
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.4
Do Not Disturb mode
- You can now customize the time range in the new Do Not Disturb mode
New Gaming mode 3.0
- Supported displaying text content of the heads up notifications
- Added notification for 3rd party calls
- Dialer now supports Google Duo
- Supports Google Lens to provide you with powerful image recognition experience
- General bug fixes and improvements
The airborne update will take several days before all 3 and 3T units receive the download notification, don’t freak out if yours hasn’t arrived.
Watch out for the manual download files on our update pages linked below.