The entry-level Nokia 1 is among us. Not only is it the ultimate budget phone from HMD Global, but it also happens to be the first the company has released with Android 8.1 Oreo (Go edition) on board.
As you’d expect from such a super-budget phone, there isn’t much to talk about all the way from the design to the specs. The Nokia 1 rocks a polycarbonate build and if you had missed the exchangeable Xpress-on covers, well, they are back too.
Nokia 1 specs and features
- 4.5-inch FWVGA IPS LCD display screen (480 x 854 pixels)
- MediaTek MT6737M chipset
- 1GB RAM and 8GB storage, expandable up to 128GB
- Android 8.1 Oreo (Go edition)
- 5MP main camera with LED flash and 2MP selfie camera
- 2150 removable battery
- Drip protection (IP52), Bluetooth 4.2, LTE, dual-SIM (nano), microUSB, 3.5mm audio jack, proximity sensor, G-sensor, and Ambient light sensor.
Nokia 1 price and availability
- Nokia 1 is priced at $85
- Available in India for INR 5,499, Jio has it for INR 3,299
The Nokia 1 will be sold globally priced at $85 and in India, it goes for INR 5,499. The phone can be purchased via all leading phone retailers in the country as well as through the official Nokia online shop. The price is the same.
The Nokia 1 is available in two color options of either Warm Red or Dark Blue. If these aren’t your most favorite, you can grab packs of Yellow and Pink or Azure and Grey Xpress-on cover from $7.99 or INR 450 in India.
Nokia 1 offers
For current or new Jio customers who buy the Nokia 1, you get a cashback of INR 2,200, which means you end up paying INR 3,299. To ice the cake, you also get 60GB of free data. You will also get 20% off on booking first ride via RedBus as well as 12-month accidental damage insurance by Servify on condition that you open a Kotak 811 savings account and make a deposit of INR 1,000 to activate it.