The most powerful and feature-packed Android phone by LG, the Optimus G, has been officially announced as coming to Japan by Japanese carrier NTT DoCoMo, who will start selling the device from October 19th, with pre-orders to start on October 12th.
The phone will come with DoCoMo’s custom Palette UI, as well as an infrared port as is the norm for devices released in Japan. The Optimus G for Japan will also carry a waterproof body, and support for Osaifu-Keitai, the NTT DoCoMo Wallet app similar to Google Wallet.
Here are the official specs:
- Snapdragon S4 APQ8064 quad-core 1.5Ghz
- 4.7 inches HD (1280 × 720) True HD IPS + display
- 2GB of RAM
- 16GB internal storage, microSD cards up to 64GB
- 13 megapixel rear camera, 1.3 megapixel front camera
- Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n
- 2210mAh battery
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 69 × 137 × 9.4mm, 145g
NTT DoCoMo will be selling the LG Optimus G in red and black color variants. Expect it to be available from both their online and local stores, and stay tuned for info on its pricing.