The much awaited and anticipated MIUI v4 rom is finally out for the LG G2X. Developed by XDA member siulmagic, this rom is based on Android 4.0 ICS. MIUI Rom is immensely popular for its amazing graphics and UI, and with MIUI v4, the developers of this rom have beautifully adopted some of the UI elements from ICS into MIUI.
MIUI v4 is really worth trying out. Read on as we guide you through the procedure to install this ROM on your phone.
The methods and procedures discussed here are considered risky and you should not attempt anything if you don’t know exactly what you are doing. If any damage occurs to you or your device, including a bricked, non-functional device, we won’t be held liable. You have been forewarned!
This ROM and the guide below are compatible only and only with the LG G2X. It’s not compatible with any other device. So, be sure to try this only on LG G2X and not any other device.
- Developer → siulmagic
Well, since it’s based on CM9 sources, everything that’s not working in CM9 will not work on this rom too.
- Rooted LG G2X with Clockworkmod Recovery installed.
- Battery charged to minimum of 50%.
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you.
How to Install MIUI V4 ICS ROM on LG G2X:
- Download the rom file from the original development page.
- Transfer the downloaded zip file to your external micro SD card on the LG G2X.
- Turn off the phone. Start Clockworkmod recovery.
- [Optional] Perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this rom. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore » On the next screen, select Backup again.
- Perform a full wipe. First select Wipe data / factory reset » select Yes on the next screen.
- Next, select Wipe Cache Partition » select Yes then
- From the main menu of recovery, select Advanced, and then Wipe Dalvik Cache » select Yes on the next screen. You’re done wiping off the data. Lets flash the rom now.
- From the main menu of recovery, select “Install zip from sdcard” » “Choose zip from sdcard” » scroll to and select the rom’s zip file you downloaded in step 1. Select Yes on next screen. The ROM will start installing.
- After the flashing process is done, select “go back” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone.
- The first boot will take time, so wait a while for the phone to boot up, and when it does, enjoy the MIUI V4 ICS on LG G2X.
That’s it. You now have the MIUI 4 Rom installed on your LG G2X. Visit the original development page to check development progress and updates. Share your thoughts and problems in the comments below and we’ll do our best to help you out.